Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, August 13, 2009

some knitting

Starting off with a couple of kitty pictures, because everything is better with a kitty. Pepper loves the garden window. It puts her at eye-lever=l with the squirrels in the bottom branches of the apple tree.

Yes, we let our cats get on the ktchen counters. We long ago gave up the notion of forbidding the cats to do something. They just wait till we aren't around to yell, then do it anyway. with a vengence!

Many months ago, LG and her husby went to the beach where she found a yarn store, and brought me a ball of glitzy, fluffy, bright happy yarn. I have had a jones lately to knit hats for Medical Teams International, and that happy fluffy ball of yarn insisted it needed to go to cheer up cold people. So I knit a cuff on a kid's hat.


And with the last bits, I edged a cuff on another kid's hat. My odds and bobs are asking to be used up, so here is a blue hat as well, and another brown scrappy hat is on the needles. I HAVE to use up stash! I went way overboard at the sock-summit, and the Flock and Fiber Fest is just around the corner.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Is that little Ben??? he's gotten so big. (I know, I say that every time I see his photo.)
    I know what you mean about cats and counters. M is always saying they've got to learn. I tell HIM that HE needs to learn: WE HAVE CATS! They'll do what they want, like it or not. :) It's THEIR house. He needs to learn that.
    And yay for stash busting.

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I know the cats get on the counters when we're not home. The telltale hairs they leave behind....I gave up trying to make them stay off, I just wipe all the counters before I cook on them. I used to have a cat who slept on the stove (in the days of the pilot light) and I was always had to wipe off the stove or smell the burnt hair.

     
  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    That's why we spray disinfectant on our counters and wipe them down before cooking. LOVE the hat pictures, especially the last one. You are so darned funny.

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    LG is soooo happy re: yarn choice for the hats! Spreading joy.... yr doin it rite!

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Go hat knitting! (I'm enjoying hats right now. They're quick, you can make modifications, and there's a lot of going around and around and around!)

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You were so lucky to have Sock Summit in your own back yard! I know that overboard experience: the water feels great. Lovely hats.

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Everything really is better with kitty! Ours get on the counter too. It's a lost battle trying to keep them off.

    We all forget it is THEIR house and they are allowing us to live in it :-)

     
  • At 8:16 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh! OFFF is coming up. Please do not make me envious!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home