Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Bless the boy

My laptop got a virus. I lowered the firewall to post photos onto the blog,and (duh) forgot to put it back up. So today it's another trip to the friendly Geeks. I have time, so maybe I'll bake them some cookies.

It's only because my DH is a generous and loving person that I am able to post now. And what a difference it is to use someone else's computer. It's like driving someone else's car or cooking in someone else's kitchen. Nothing is where you expect it to be, and, since all the auto log-ins are absent, you have to remember all the old passwords and IDs.

Anyhow, this explains my silence of late. As soon as my tappy happy little laptop is up and ticking again, I'll get caught up on allyour blogs. I miss my blogbuddies!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I have had some little glitches with my laptop allowing internet access here in kittysittingland and I've resorted to 1)The Professor's laptop 2)desktop belonging to Kittymama 3)Son#2's Mac and 4)Son#2's fancy shmancy new Itouch Android Phone. My fingers don't know where to go!

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Glad to hear that you're alive and kicking. Godspeed with your laptop.

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Oh No! I hope it is nothing serious. And I hope whoever is working on it is good. Computer Geeks has a bad reputation and was written up in the paper before.
    Looking forward to your posts. I had thought you were either ill, on vacation, or frolicking out in your front yard in a knitted shawl celebrating the lower temperatures.
    LOL

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    My youngest daughter used my laptop and got a massive virus. We had to rebuild the os and it was a pain in the butt. Fortunately, I live with an IT guy so I get it fixed for free. I usually try to pay up with some cookies or other goodies.

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Computer issues are a PITA! I have an EXCELLENT computer geek; let me know if you need his contact info. He worked on my computer when it got a virus AND a trojan horse. Not only did he get it working again, he retrieved ALL my photos and files! Plus, he's young, likes knitters, and has a very pleasant southern exposure. ;)

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I wondered where you were. Thanks to DH for sharing his computer so you could update us.

    Hope your laptop gets fixed soon.

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Thank DH for sharing ed's with you--like Galad, I'd totally miss it if Roxie wasn't online!

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Maybe you shouldn't let your laptop hang out at shady websites. O.o

    Avast has a really good free anti-virus.

     
  • At 8:59 AM , Blogger Em said...

    Using someone else's computer sucks. When my first baby bit the dust, I used Jim's for a long, long time until I got my new baby. Knowing what all the settings are and where everything is just makes you so comfortable and relaxed. Hope all goes well with the repairs!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home