Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, August 07, 2009

I remembered a joke

Yesterday (Thursday) I had a 7:30am appointment with my dermatologist (everything looks good. No new cancers) and she had me get a vitamin D screening because I am so good about staying out of the sun. So, since I HATE to get my blood drawn, I started telling jokes to distract myself.

Have you heard the one where St. Peter is working the pearly gates, and his relief angel is late, and he really needs to go to the bathroom. Jesus strolls up and says, "Hey, Peter, how's it going?"

Peter says,"Well, the angel that was going to give me a break here is late, and I really need to go to the bathroom."

Jesus says, "I can handle things here. You go take your break."

So Peter dashes off, and Jesus settles in. Pretty soon, a white haired little old man arrives at the gates, and Jesus says, "Welcome to heaven. We're so glad you could make it! So, what did you do while you were on earth?"

The old guys shyly says, "I was a carpenter."

"Really?" Says Jesus, "My dad was a carpenter too. He taught me all about the trade."

"I had a son." said the old guy. "Well, he wasn't really my son, but I loved him as if he were."

"Really?" says Jesus, looking at the old guy more closely. "What happened to you son?"

The old guy replied, "He got lost . . . "

"Dad!" hollared Jesus, hugging the old man.

And the old guy, rubbing his eyes and squinting at Jesus said, "Pinochio?"


Today I will be volunteering at the Willamette Writer's Conference. Tomorrow, the monthly knitting and gossip session will be at MJ's house. Then DH and I will shop for a new laptop. Then, I'll try to make it to the tail end of Saturday's Writer's Conference workshops. Sunday, I am throwing myself at the Sock Summit rather than the Writer's conference. Why do the two biggest things of the summer happen on the same weekend?

6 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I hear that. Gaming convention and Beer festival this weekend. Decisions, decisions.

     
  • At 8:19 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I can't wait to go back to Sock Summit on Sunday. Too bad cloning or time travel isn't possible, eh?

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    When I'm at the doctor's, I have a little mohair bear named Senior Bear. The nurses love him in his little woven sombrero. He's traveled the world with me, and been in every surgery, etc. He's a marvelous little trooper. So, when it's "blood time", I just use him and s-q-u-e-e-z-e ever so tightly. Works every time.

     
  • At 5:59 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Sock summit? I'm jealous. And sorry about the laptop. I hate replacing technology that's not that old.

    My favorite joke'

    A young person has had an accident and suffered brain injury. The neurosurgeon comes in and tells the family the person is a good candidate for a brain transplant.
    "you're in luck. we have brains available. One male that sells for 50,000 dollars and a female for 25,000"

    The family is confused and finally asks why the female brain is cheaper, aren't male and female brains basically the same? The surgeon says "of course they're the same. But, the female one has been used....."

     
  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I'm so jealous you get to go to the Sock Summit. I'll be anxious to hear what you thought.

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    It's nice that you made me laugh before you made me green with envy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home