Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Post # 880

I've finally figured how to spoon-feed photos to the computer.


Dave Daniels, the master dyer colored up a bunch of yarn for me, and I wove it into yardage. Yards of yardage. I used every bit of it, so the three shades of purple have created three shades of fabric that are going to be fun, fun, fun to sew with!



Months ago, I did a crafty exchange with Susan LS. I made her a big denim tote. She made me two skeins of spindle-spun corriedale with sari silk accents. PURTY!! I squeed with glee when she gave them to me. And she tells me that a third skein is on the way. Ohboyohboyohboy!

And then there's the sock summit. I made it in on Sunday about noon. I remembered everything I needed except cell phone and camera. Oh crap! Heide, I am SO sorry!


I succumbed to three more skeins of bamboo from Teresa Ruch Designs. I'm trying to de-stash but I can't resist Teresa's yarns.



16 oz of nice wool for $12.


And for the first time ever, the Blue Moon yarns booth was not packed shoulder to shoulder with customers. I was able to eel my way in and discovered their "Mill Ends" which is yarn that didn't turn out the way they intended and is selling for not so much. There wasn't much left by Sunday, and there was even less left when I moved on. I grabbed a skein of red and white, and a skein of red, white and brown. And a skein of "Silke" in turquoise. And Socks That Rocks in Crabby McCrabbypants. I had wayyy too much fun!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    What a lovely lot of yarns!

    I am, of course, envious that you are able to just "pop into" the sock summit - how cool!

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'm not not not not jealous! I'm not.

     
  • At 10:58 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *drool* And STR is LOVELY stuff to work with too!!!! (And Teresa has such amazing colors... I still pet that skein you sent me... I'm saving it, my precious...)

     
  • At 7:17 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oooh, you got to go to Sock Summit! Jell-us!

    At least I get to drool on pretty yarn via people who were able to go!

     
  • At 3:32 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Glad to hear the summit was fun; even on the last day of it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home