Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 02, 2009

What's wrong with this picture?



Actually, that's a trick question. There is nothing wrong with the picture. There is a great deal wrong with the iron. One too many impacts with the floor has converted it into a flip-top model which is something neither I nor the designers have ever desired. Sewing will be in abeyance for a brief period until this defect is compensated for.

And, apropos of nothing, Lindor Balls have come out with a new twist, and who doesn't love it when they twist their balls? The latest edition is white chocolate with bits of crushed coffee beans. Indecently tasty. The only way to improve it would be to substitute crushed filberts for the coffee beans.

The heat wave has broken. It's up to only 67 degrees at one thirty PM. Can you hear the entire city of Portland sighing in relief? I've got to get out on the porch and finish off my weaving before the thunderstorms move in on Monday.

We went to see "The Half-Blood Prince." When you find yourself noticing the villain's beautifully tailored clothes, you realize that the show has lost your full attention. Then there's the scene at the underground lake when Harry and Dumbledore are trying to figure how to get across, and Dumbledore magics up a big chain, and they both start pulling. DH leaned over and whispered in my ear, "If there's a drain stopper at the end of that chain, I'm leaving." The thought of a giant bathtub stopper pulling out, and the whole black lake swirling down the drain, leaving a scummy ring around the edges had me snerking into my popcorn for far too long.

Oh, and by the way, Dumbledore dies at the end. Did the producers actually think that after the book has been out for YEARS, there would be the slightest bit of surprise about that?

The girl playing Luna did a fine job. Very fluty high voice and precisely spacey enough. Hope we'll see more of her. Meanwhile, the regulars are aging. Good thing the end is near. They'll be getting pretty long in the tooth for sequals. What ever happened to the kid who played Luke Skywalker?

13 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I was with some of the group from Writers club to see the Harry Potter movie on Saturday. We had fun! When Harry was trying to get that bowl of water from the lake, I knew something was going to come out and grab him but I still screamed and jumped when it happened!! LOL
    And, uh,...I think you need a new iron.

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    One day several years ago my DH had a job interview. I pulled out the ironing board, plugged in the iron and while it was heating up my youngest (5 at the time) wandered into the room and stared. After a full 30 seconds of silence she asked, "What's that thing mom?" Doh! Obviously domestic skills are not my forte.

    I enjoyed the movie, but it left many questions and I wonder about the choices the writers, directors, etc. made when deciding upon the screenplay.

    Luke Skywalker went on to do lots of voicework in cartoons following several disasterous B movies.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh no! You spoiled the ending for me! Oh- right- the book is the same.

    Lindor Balls, See's, Ghiradelli. Sigh of chocolate love.

     
  • At 8:47 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Yep - a new iron looks to be needed. I discovered long ago that irons and tile floors don't mix well.

    I liked "The Half-Blood Prince" but would have missed a lot if I hadn't reread the book before going. It is hard to condense all those pages in to a movie.

     
  • At 5:24 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Luna turned out to be my favorite character in this one. It was a movie in which nothing really happened (though who would have thought I'd ever feel sorry for Malfoy?) We have until Friday until this wave of humid/heat leaves. Then it'll only be in the 70's. Can't wait.

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We had a thunderstorm last night about 2230, it was bright enough to wake me.

    Will most likely buy the movie. No real interest in seeing it in the theaters. District 9 on the other hand...

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Hey, Roxie! I wanted to send you a message on Ravelry (someone in PDX was looking for a weaving teacher) but couldn't find you! Asked MonicaPDX, but she didn't think you were joined in. What's the Ravelry handle, huh? And if you haven't joined: WHY NOT FOR CHRISSAKES?????? XOXO!

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    I can send you my iron, I never use it ... well, only when I'm sewing ...

    I must admit to no interest in the HP movies or books; I read some of the books to my kids when they were younger, but I found the plots and writing poorly constructed. I'm glad that so many people do enjoy them though, and that they're brought so many kids to enjoy reading :)

     
  • At 1:35 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    I was really disappointed in Half-Blood Prince. It didn't seem to have anything gluing it together. It was dark and maybe I was tired but it was boring to me. I was sorry because all the others to date have been really good.

    I have two irons and they both work and are very handy for quilting, but hardly ever used for pressing clothes?

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I loved that movie! The moment between Harry and Ginny in the room of requirement was pretty transcendent.

    Mmmmm... Lindor balls... AWESOME!

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I loved that movie! The moment between Harry and Ginny in the room of requirement was pretty transcendent.

    Mmmmm... Lindor balls... AWESOME!

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I loved that movie! The moment between Harry and Ginny in the room of requirement was pretty transcendent.

    Mmmmm... Lindor balls... AWESOME!

     
  • At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you need a new iron.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home