Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Is it Saturday already?

Yesterday at the writer's conference was a blast! I took some great classes in the morning, met some other knitting writers, and in the afternoon, I got to be doorkeeper. People attending the conference pay for ten minute sessions with agents and editors and film producers. These are scheduled at fifteen minute intervals, allowing a five-minute shuffle period when the last interview exits and the next interview enters. I got to stand at the door with a watch and tell people when it was time to enter the area. I also reminded them to turn off their cell phones, to make sure they had their paperwork in order, and, as they were going through the door to make their pitches,to,"Smile. Remember, these people are here to see you. They need your work to stay in business. You are good writers and have a product that will make money for the person you are talking to. Smile. Good luck!"

So many people came out afterwards and thanked me for that last bit of encouragement. I want to do this again next year!

Today, Knitting at MJs, then computer shopping. Then, maybe, one more workshop at the writer's conference. Sunday, Sock Summit.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That was a nice touch, that reminder.

    I like conferences. I like to talk to people who do what I do, even if it's work related. It's good to share ideas and thoughts.

     
  • At 11:00 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Good for you--I bet you made all the difference! (I know you have made all the difference for me:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home