Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

David Taylar sews!

Remember when I showed you how to warp using your loom? I was using that nice white cotton? So then I wove up yards of cotton yardage and shipped it to Dave in Boston for our weaver's exchange. And of it, he made bags!



A big tote with pockets and more pockets, inside and out. With straps that are long enough! With the plaid matched perfectly! Oh Dave, you so totally rock!

And as if that weren't enough, he also made me a darling little bag with a zip top and and a fetching little handle. It's going to Hawaii with me in December. Probably both of them will. You should see the finishing work Dave does! All the seams are enclosed and exquisitely matched. I am sooo intimidated. How can my clumsy cobbling compare? Well, fear is no reason not to try. I'll just do my best and send it with love.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Wowsa! Those are beautiful! Perfect to go with those Hawaiian prints. The little one will be perfect to stow a lacey blue cashmere shawl to ward off the evening breeze. ;)

     
  • At 3:30 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Those are great!

     
  • At 5:44 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Love makes up for a lot.....

    Those look like perfect vacation bags.

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Hawaii! Whoo hoo! Love,not like, love the bags. The subtle plaid is quite a statement. Any body who's able to work one of those dang gummed sewing contraptions has my awe and respect.

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Yay, I'm so glad you like!

     
  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger Sara said...

    Is Dave not awesome! His work is gorgeous and stunning...

    You are most fortunate to own such beautiful bags!

     
  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Woot! Beautiful bags! (And someday, someone might say that to me!) Anyway, more of Dave's sheer awesomeness. There's no denyin'...

     
  • At 9:31 AM , Anonymous Jessica said...

    Hooray for your closing comment...there is no reason for fear to hold us back! My swap partner's fabric is beautiful and I'm scared to death to try and make something of it...but I'm working on it anyway!

    Here's to great exchanges that help us face our fears and grow!

    Jessica

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home