Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 16, 2009

An octopuss'es garden . . .

Fly came into the back yard to model the latest quilt. Here's one of his nonchalant poses.










Here, he's being a dear little pussycat. (Right! Like anyone is fool enough to believe that! He's Beelzebub with fur-lined booties on.)








And here' he's showing the other side of the quilt to great advantage.









See the gardens? See the octopusses?









KnitTech and her GrillTech came to town, so we foregathered at the Yarn Garden to meet and do a little casual shopping. there was this yarn that was driving my inner magpie insane, so I had to go sit down for a while. It was a nice tobacco brown with holograpic teardrop sequins spun in. I can still hear it calling from here. I do NOT NEED yarn, be it never so sparkly! And it was $11.95 for skein that was about one gram. teensy! It would take two just to edge a neckline. I WANTED it with the lust of a fifteen year old boy for the iconic Farah Fawcett poster.



But KnitTech brought me goodies from Boise. Cotton thread in a delicate lavender to weave with. And mohair as soft and grey as a puff of cloud for spinning. And rovings. Mossy green wool and Purple (Ooo! Ooo!)That seems to be merino and (gasp) silk!






Pretty!

Mmmm - silky! My inner magpie is happy, happy! I got new stuff! And the stash continues to grow.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Love the octopussies and the shiny shiny charcoaly grey yarny stuff (roving?? no idea about the unspun stuff!). Such pretties!

    (btw, I stuffed my Oscar Dog with polyfill stuffing stuff from Spotlight - like your JoAnns or Michaels stores I think)

     
  • At 11:29 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ohhhh... purty shiny fluffy yarn! How WUBBLY! And you make the BEST quilts out of what I send you. I think it's time for more destashing in your general direction!

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Mmmm, that's some beautiful quilting. And I LOVE you newly=acquired merino silk fiber.

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Can't wait to see what you make out of the stuff. I like the quilt. I really, really should learn to make one.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home