Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy sunday

Oh dear ones, it's not a cracked rib. I've had one and that's MUCH more painful. This is just a lightly bruised sternum. And, as Dick Francis says, "It takes a hammer and chisel to get through the sternum." I was just whining. That Tylenol PM leaves me dopey for days, but it does the job. Still, I wind up at the sewing machine, sitting and staring bemusedly, trying to remember which two pieces of fabric I was going to join, in which orientation. Minutes of total inactivity go by while my mind drifts in a soft gray blur. Then I realize that my eyes have rolled shut, my mouth has dropped open, and I'm drooling, ever so daintily, on my shirt. Just not getting a lot accomplished. BUT, since I'm using BIG pieces, I should be finished today. Amy Lane sent me the inspirational fabric. I'm calling this quilt, "An Octopus's Garden." Photos soon.

There will be a scheduled interruption today as well. Knit Tech is in town with her sweetie, Grill Tech. I'm meeting Knit Tech at 1PM at the Yarn Garden, the most fully stocked yarn store in town. It's located in three storefronts on the ground floor of an old apartment building, and they have had to rent apartments to use as office and storage space since the store fronts just weren't big enough. I used to work there when they were just one storefront. Now, I go in and wind up with sensory overload. We may have to wander up the street a few blocks to the Bombay Cricket Club for a few India Pale Ales and some serious knitting and chitchat to recuperate.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Everything's better with a peaceful drool now and then, I always think...

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Have a great visit and give KnitTech a hug from me!

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That Tylenol PM kicks my butt....I hope you're feeling better by now. Those kind of body blows really hurt.

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Dude--I need to send you more fabric--you do the BEST stuff with it! I hope you hugged Knittech for me, too! I'm so jealous. I WANT TO BE THERE!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home