Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, August 15, 2009

How'd it get to be Saturday?

On Thursady morning, DH and I went to the gym. We always finish with a few minutes in the hot-tub, then I do one quick lap in the pool to bring my body temp down so I stop sweating before I get dressed. You know how you boost yourself out of the pool by putting your hands on the deck, springing up, then sort of flipping your hip over so you get one cheek up on the deck? I tried that, but the deck was greasy, and my hands slipped off. I wound up landing quite hard just under my boobs, and falling back in. It jarred me, but didn't really hurt,so I tried again, succeeded, and didn't think any more of it. Till bedtime, when I stood up and realized that I ached all over and my back was really stiff. I took Tylenol PM, lay down on my back and didn't move till five AM. DH reports I snored like a lawn-mower. As soon as he left for work, I lay down again and slept till 9, then sort of blundered through the rest of the day. The sleepy drugs really kick my butt, but I no longer ache all over. There's just that tender spot across the sternum and ribs. Right where kitties love to nestle.

I am working on another quick quilt and I finished another hat. I DO love being a lazy woman.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Ouch! I hope that you're okay. Maybe you should go get your ribs x-rayed to rule out any fractures. Gentle hugs from up north.

    p.s. making quilts and knitting hats hardly qualifies one as being lazy. Just sayin'

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    OUCH!! Something similar happened to a friend of mine and she was sore for several days before finally going to a doctor and found out she had a cracked rib.
    I do hope you are ok.
    Oh, what did you do with the old laptop??
    I forgot to ask about it Weds.

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Hope it is nothing more serious than aches and bruises.

    I would never describe you as lazy. You are always working on some kind of project and usually for someone else!

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    ouch, that sounds painful!

     
  • At 8:17 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    OH! OUCH! I hope you are feeling better now, says Willow, grimacing in sympathy.

     
  • At 11:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ouchie ouchie! Nice hat--but I'm glad I read ahead and saw that you're okay or I'd be worried!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home