Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, April 25, 2008

The pond behind the library


The pond behind the library is a very romantic place. It's quiet and sheltered and shaded.

And there's this lovely, lovely home to lead one's thoughts to nesting and domesticity. (The home is now a lawyer's offices, but still, it looks so cottage-y and charming!

The pond is a wildlife refuge. Here we have an example of equal opportunity housing at work, with a wood duck and squirrel sharing a tree.


I wish I could have gotten a better shot of the goslings, but the parents were wisely keeping the kids on the private side of the pond. Five fluffy yellow goslings in this family. Seven in another.

The sun is out, the temperatures are climbing clear into the 60s, and tomorrow is a weekend. Wahoo! The Handweaver's Guild is having a show this weekend at the convention center downtown, as are the potters, the metalworkers, the fine woodworkers, the beaders and oh, heaven help my leaky memory - one other guild. DH may be bored silly, but he will take me and let me roam free. Oh my GOSH I am spoiled and indulged! Photos to come.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:27 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    I love a pond! It made me think immediately of Walden Pond, but then I googled it and saw it's a lot bigger than the pond behind the library. Still, just the word pond is romantic to me. So thank you. That was lovely!

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    But you went to the car show with him. Give and take.

    So glad you are getting some sun. My sister in law was lying on the bench outside my bro's office soaking up sun yesterday. :)

    Enjoy the guilds' presentations!

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Our library has a pond behind it with a huge flock of geese. It is not so romantic but still peaceful. I wonder if they designed it so that people could check out books and sit by the still water and read? And hear, hear for spouses that support our fiber habit!

     
  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I can't believe I missed this post with all the pretty pictures--although I must say I'm jealous. YOur temperatures are 'climbing' into the 60's--ours just pole vaulted into the 90's. Ick! (And yes, you are spoiled--but that's okay--you pass the spoilage along--thanks for untangling my yarn, Roxie--I TOTALLY appreciate it:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home