Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, April 11, 2008

He heavels quite deeply and eases to sleep


It was warm enough to go outside without a coat today, so I took old 3-legged Jack outside for a sniff around. Oh dear goodness he loved it! I sat in the grass and kept an eye on him while he hobbled from bush to bush, whiffing the cat news, chewing the odd strand of grass, selecting just the right spot, raising high his plume of a tail, and "tagging" the side of the house. Then he found a good spot in the shade where he could feel sheltered, but still see around himself, settled and settled, sniffed and blinked, then, as a friend wrote in some poetry, "He heavels quite deeply and eases to sleep."

Today has been way fun. My knitting friends will be arriving tomorrow so I have been setting table and arranging flowers and dressing the ouse. I do love doing this stuff!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Paul said...

    What a nice day for Jack! I'm sure he was very appreciative of his time outside.

    Have a great time tomorrow with your friends!

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You're so good at dressing the house--I love the pictures!!!

     
  • At 8:49 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I hear that today, Saturday, is going to be even more lovely in Portland. Cheers.

    And greetings to the knitting friends.

    Gregg sends his greetings, too, and wishes to remind you that he has two g's at the end of his name. He wants me to ask you if he knew you in a former life; you seem familiar.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home