Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 13, 2008

yesterday, there was sun

I picked a bouquet of daffodills and the afternoon sun came in through the dining room windows to make them shine in glory. Just a little eye candy.

That was yesterday. This morning, I watched the clouds ease in. Whisps of feathery cirrus that just kept piling up untill the sky is a high flat white. But it was still warm. (Over 50 seems warm to us.) So DH and I went for a drive in the country. What a treat! Hillsides covered with dark evergreens are decorated in splotches with the bright yellow-green of new leaves in the alder thickets. We were taking winding country roads, and occasionally we would round a corner and see some old homestead, now abandoned, with a cherry tree gone ferral in the front yard, unpruned and towering like lost but enthusiastic cloud.

Then we passed a field where lambs were at play, and I turned into a babbling, cooing idiot. "Lambies! Baby lambies! Oh look, sweetheart! Little baby lambies! Oh, let's stop!"

"Not unless you bring my wife back," he said.

We were on a twisty country road with an impatient young man in a pickup behind us, ( and driving close enough to read the map over my shoulder if he were sufficiently literate )and even in my cutness-stricken state, I could see that there was no way in hell that young Bubba behind us would understand me wanting to jump out and take pictures of the little baby lambies. As any cattle rancher will tell you, "They're nothin' but pasture maggots!"



So, in lieu of adorable photos of little baby lambies cavorting in the spring meadow, I give you a picture of the hat I am going to wear to the Harlot's talk. It's in progress of course. It will be a work of art and is titled, "I am the lizzard Queen!"

Amy, as far as I know, Blue Moon does not have a retail outlet, but if they have a sock-monkey pattern available at the talk, I will get it for you.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:58 AM , Blogger margene said...

    Love the first picture...spring is slowly a coming!

     
  • At 9:25 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I'm partial to the morning sun, myself. Probably because that's the side where the good sunlight-catching windows are.

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As usual, your flower shots are gorgeous! And, you have piqued my interest on your latest hat.

    Also, thanks for the heads up about the unspun fiber in the nesting bag. I had some in there but took it out immediately. (whew!)

     
  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That shot of the daffodils on the table is so pretty! (And you are his wife...we all get that way around new wool!)

    Thanks for looking into it for me, darlin'...I may have to unsheathe the credit card and go do battle w/PayPal again...she REALLY wants to make that sock monkey!

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Funny that your hat should be a lizard queen hat. Gregg will most certainly be impressed.

     
  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    Ah, morning sun and flowers on the table - beautiful. I love the sound (and look) of your lizzard queen hat!

    Lulu wants to play with the lambies ;)

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I love your tea parties. I wish I had the coordination to do them too. I have a fantasy of being one of those mothers who are always serene and calm, do amazing things around the house and with their hobbies and their kids are... well at least 20yo!

    Intrigued by the hat. Try not to tantilise us for too long!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home