Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A gray day in April


The magnolias are on the downward side by now. A couple days of rain, and they are beginning to look like a convention of college homecoming queens from 1988. Overblown perhaps?

I have been doing some spinning of the mallard-blue rovings. It's not soft enough for innerwear. but maybe a felted bag? Or two? The colors are beautiful.


And the lizard queen hat progresses. The yarn was a gift from Amy Lane. The beads are estate sale treasures. And the sparkly yarn is something that just jumped into my arms during a stroll through the lys. It was pink. It was shiney. I was helpless to resist.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh! I'm so excited--I can not wait to see the final unveiling... (Poor slutty magnolias...such a melodramatic flower...)

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    OMG, that mallard blue is wonderful. I love the greens and purples wandering through the blue. And the magnolias just set it off nicely.

    BTW, Enid Blyton had me firmly believing that blossom petals were fairy wedding confetti until I was about 8. I still like to think that there's celebrations requiring confetti in an alternate reality every time a petal falls. Hmm. Perhaps time for medication again....

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love your photos. The details on the hat are exquisite.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home