Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 17, 2008

You are my sunshine

If I can at all, I like to start the day with tea and oatmeal for breakfast, and an hour or so checking in on my favorite blogs. This gives me SUCH a good start to the day. It's like getting fistful of lovenotes, or a bunch of forget-me-nots, or a handful of heart candy. I feel such delightful connection via the internet. (Oh, dear. We have a friend who, when he's had too much to drink gets to the, "I really love you guys," stage. I haven't had a thing - I swear!) I just want to thank you for letting me into your lives.

So I get this AND some sunshine today. I swear, I was made with solar batteries. It gets dark, I tip right over. The sun comes up, I am ready to go! Maybe if I lived in LA or someplace with perpetual summer I would get blase. "Another sunny day? How boring." But sunshine is like polite teenagers around here. You know of their existence, but you are always thrilled to encounter some.

So, I am at work, manning the desk while boss one and boss two are at a conference of some kind. That's a lot like leaving the clown to run the circus. It's a nice slow day, and I have done everything I can think of short of finding some q-tips and cleaning keyboards, so I feel justified in blogging a bit.

I have started a tube sock in some very fun elasticized amber-colored boucle yarn. Good mindless sock-knit for photos for the Yarn-Harlot scavenger hunt. I am planning to drag several copies of my books to the Harlot's book-signing, so that people have one last opportunity to get a picture of their sock with a published author. And maybe, I can sell a book or two. Fingers crossed!!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It has been so gray and rainy this spring that I,too revel in the sunshine. I stand there and photosynthisize and it makes me feel so peaceful. I understand how you feel about bloggers. I take the few down moments at work to read and comment. It makes me feel that I am still in contact with the world even though I am stuck in this building for 8 hours a day. And I feel like comments are little gifts we give each other. I know, too much schmaltz. Can't help it, the sun's out!

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Awww, thanks :) We love you too.

    And no, I haven't gotten bored with the sun yet, though I do like a stormy day now and then for variety.

     
  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I remember those gray spring days from growing up in Iowa. In Arizona we celebrate gray days and dance in the ran. I think we are spoiled with our relentless sunshine!

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow...that sounds so peaceful...looking out at the flowers in the sunshine...

    I'll just zen out on your morning, thank you very much, dear... (Can't wait to hear about the Harlot!)

     
  • At 6:33 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    i like to start the day that way, too but it's probably a lot briefer than yours - gobble down some toast and tea, get dressed, race out the door to work. Sigh. I like your version better.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home