Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Finished the movie shawl



I used up every bit of the yarn from Yarnia in my movie shawl. When you crochet a border, you can use the last screaming inch, and no one can tell. The striations in the mohair show up in this photo. What doesn't show is the sparkle of the mylar thread. Pink mylar. Honest to gosh, if someone wanted to trap me, all that have to use for bait is pink sequins. "Oooooo! Shiiiiiny!" I planned this shawl to go in the International Medical Teams box, but gee, it's pink - and purple - and shiny - and fuzzy - and warm. . . and some poor woman in some disaster zone will get a lot more use out of it than I will. Into the box it goes.
I am so freaking noble it makes me sick.
So going to see the Harlot meant I missed three hours of sleep. I spent the next day grabbing catnaps when and where-ever I could between work and my writer's group. Ten minutes in the car. Too cold. Twenty minutes under a table in a conference room. Then someone needed the room. I startled the heck out of them! Then a good fourty minute spell curled up in two chairs in the library until someone woke me because I was snoring. I felt like such a slacker but I was just beat! I headed for bed an hour early last night, got out of my bath and came into the livingroom to kiss DH goodnight, and he had fallen asleep on the sofa in front of the TV. He NEVER does that! I think there was just an accucte case of napatism in our household. And we will be staying up at least one hour late tonight to watch Survivor. Thank goodness I have Friday off!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Our floor is even more torn up. I have to spend three hours with kindergarteners AND a substitute teacher on Friday.

    BUT. I have my emergency knitting--a mitered square blanket in blue and white. So I'm good.

     
  • At 9:29 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    it's beautiful! I love it! And you are sooo noble.

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Poor you. Sometimes the need for sleep just creeps up and mugs ya. Hoping that you both made it to bed without injury!

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooohh... that is sooooo gorgeous!!! And you are very noble... (but now we know your weaknesses--pink and purple and sooooo shiiinnnnnyyy...)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home