Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Such a splendid Saturday!

Let's start out with a shot of Saturday sky. See the cerrulean, cloudless blue? Limpid, lucent, lapis lazuli laid seamlessly on the vault overhead. The sort of sky we have not seen for months. And are not likely to see again for months to come. The temperature is over 70 for the first time since early October, and the song of the lawnmower is heard in the land.






So here is a place-setting, waiting and ready for a guest. DH bought the kitty cat cream and sugar set for me decades ago when we were courting. I love it!

The grapes are good right now, and I found some strawberries, not as good as the local Hood strawberries, but not the nasty styrofoam things that are strip mined in Texas all winter long. They taste like strawberries and even have a little juice in them. Oh Yum!

So we had grapes, and strawberries on angel food cake, and shortbread cookies, and TW brought a batch of her world-class biscotti. For savories, I got a package of frozen quichelettes, and a package of mushroom appetisers. What a feast. What laughter. What wonderful conversation and communion. I just have so much fun with these parties!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ah, Roxie-- She walks in beauty like the night of cloudless climes and summer skies...

    Your words make everything so very gracious:-)

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Beautiful! I can just taste those strawberries, all the sensual music of summer in a tiny, exquisitely red package. (I'll bet even Yeats wouldn't have turned up his nose at strawberries.)

     
  • At 2:32 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    Oh how delightful. Angel food cake always intrigues me. I've never had it and I must, one day.

    Courting. I love that word. You just don't hear it enough anymore.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home