Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 10, 2008

there has been some fibering going on.


A little heavy cotton vest, knitted up quickly and so easy to wear. Quite warm, too. I'm thinking I might make pockets of some sort, though I've used up all of the yarn, here.


And there has also been a bit of spinning going on. I'm not too happy with the roving, though. The color is peacockalicious, but the wool is rough and neppy. I'm going to give it a rinse with hair-conditioner when I've plied it. And then, maybe a cable sweater.
But right now, I am working on a hat to wear to the Harlot's reading on the 22nd. It will have sparkles, and perhaps even beads.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    You are so BAD! You posted about & took photos of your wheel with the fiber on PURPOSE just to tease me!!! ;~) It's soo not working . . . . much.

    Love the vest and I'm looking forward to the hat.

     
  • At 3:15 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh Roxie!!! I'm so jealous!!! You get to see the Harlot again!!! I love your spinning wheel--it's so pretty!

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Is the Harlot going to be at Powell's?

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I've just been catching up on your last few entries. You sure can make me smile with your apt descriptions. Aging Playboy bunnies. Love it!

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I put a bid on a wheel on ebay today and I am anxiously waiting to see if I 'win' ! Then, I, too, can sit and play with all the pretty roving. Although I have a feeling the learning curve is pretty steep.

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    That is one pretty spinning wheel. I've been thinking about getting one, but the longer I put it off the better (at least for my drawing and painting time). I know once I have one, it will be another way to neglect those things :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home