Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Shoesday without pictures

I used to have a pair of electric blue snakeskin pumps with three inch high spike heels. I often wore them with a severe charcoal grey suit and looked like some Norwegian steel magnate's extremely expensive mistress. The shoes didn't fit well and kept popping off my heels unless I took hobbled mincing steps, which may have contributed to the kept-woman effect. Now I wear sensible flats and look like mistress of my own destiny. A much better fit and suitable for striding!

I got up this morning, read everyone else's blogs, then made a list of the things I need to do before Christmas. It scared me so much I went back to bed. Some things are better not viewed as a whole.

Actually, many things are in flux right now. My bowels among them. LG and I had an appointment to fix knitting issues today, but I had to cancel and she has been immensely gracious about it. You young people, here is your official warning: You will reach an age when the state of your bowels is not only vitally important to you, but a fit topic of conversation with others of your age group. You may as well get used to the idea right now.

So LG and I re-scheduled, but in the course of our converstaion, LG confided that she has taken the NaNoWriMo challenge and is writing a poem a day. Yayyy, LG!!!! Scansion ho!

And Norma, of Now Norma Knits and Red Scarf Fame, has agreed to do a blog interview about my first book, Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice. How too cool is that? Anyone else doing the NoBloMo? I happily volunteer to give you similar blog fodder in exchange for wider publicity. Book 2 should be out in early December.

Man, my head aches, too. Is there a bug going around?

11 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I can not promise you links, darling (since that button is still weirdly absent on my new computer's screen...I don't get it...seriously) but you'd better believe I'm giving you a ginormous blogland SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! when that baby pops out!!! I'm so looking forward to it!!!!!

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    YEA! for the interview!

    CONGRATS!! on Book 2 in early Dec.

    A Christmas present to myself - that isn't yarn but is knitting related!

     
  • At 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on Book II, and The Norma interview. It don't get much bigger than that. Woohoo!
    Headache? Is it stress-related? Seasonal allergies? I have the allergies going crazy right now.

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I caught my second cold of the semester from another one of my little darlings. Sniff.
    Congrats on the interview! Amazing! Go, Roxie!

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rest, water, rest, rest. And since you're more or less in the SE of our fair metro area, I feel I should be able to interview you for MY neighborhood blog. So there!

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Yes, there is a bug going around. Don't ask me how I know. We're not going to have one of those ag-related conversations here. Now or ever. Or at least until we're both 95 and can't remember anything else to talk about. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Kristin Shields said...

    I just read the interview at Norma's. Very cool! I've got to read your book!

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Kristin Shields said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Heh, I can just SEE you as the steel magnate's mistress in that outfit, LOL! Curses on sensible shoes ;)

    Hope you're not coming down with a dreaded lurgy... and CONGRATS on the interview!! Yay!

     
  • At 6:42 AM , Blogger Meghan said...

    I just came from Norma's website and realized that as I read this I am sitting within a few miles of you! I am really interested in reading your first book, how do I get a copy? Do you belong the the PDX Knitbloggers?

     
  • At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL on the shoes and the mistress bit! Hurray for the Norma and your interview! (Read it; great!) And heck yes, I'll gladly write something. You wanna talk sometime about what it's like to go through the self-publishing process? I'd kind of like to know that meself...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home