Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, October 26, 2007

Did you see that moon last night?

So at five AM, as usual on a weekday, I rolled out of bed, scuffed on my slippers, belted my bathrobe, and toddled out into the dark to grab the morning paper. But doggone it, there were shadows where there shouldn't have been! I turned around and looked to the west and there was a full moon looking bigger than my head and about as bright as a street light. In fact, the street light was throwing shadows one way, and the moon was throwing shadows the other, and it was pretty surreal out there, let me tell you! I was mentally prepared to stand out and enjoy it for quqite a while, but the frost got up my kilt far too fast, and I beat feet for a hot cup of tea and a bowl of oat groats.

By 8AM, the moon had set, the sun had risen, and the maples across the street were incandescent!!









I don't know what it was today, but I finally managed to get my rear in gear and start sending out query letters about my Western romance again. I have been so disheartened about the process, but as DH says, if you don't play, you can't win. Somehow today, I got the will to play again. After writing up my three querries, and packaging them up with self-addressed stamped envelopes for replies, I walked them down to the mailbox, then continued on to the local convenience store to buy a lottery ticket. If you don't play, you can't win.


So, after getting a glorious two mile walk in the sun and the wind, I drove down to the bank, made a deposit, and stopped at the local St. Vincent De Paul thrift store. I've been looking for things to wear to the jails. I found a versatile grey tweed jacket for $3.50. Hey, I may already be a winner!

Yes, I did make a wish when I caught sight of the moon over my left shoulder. I wished I could be the best possible wife for DH. He deserves the best, and it damn well better be me!!

And then, to reward myself for being so good, I got out the spinning wheel. Pictures tomorrow, I hope. Nothing magnificent, just a Fantasy Fiber mystery batt with green sparkly stuff and lots of plum and purple wool. Maybe some white angora, too. I love mystery batts. Considering stringing some silver and pink beads and plying them in. What would I knit with randomly beaded yarn?

7 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have this sudden desire to go see the Japanese Garden... [g]

    Hmm. Randomly beaded yarn. Randomly beaded fingerless mitts? A headband? Trim on a hat? Anything you could sparkle in on those cold 5 a.m. paper pickups! ;)

    Good luck on the queries! ::starts chanting break a leg, break a leg, break a leg::

     
  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I will cross everything that isn't already crossed for Amy. It must be increadibly difficult to send your "children" out into the world to be judged by strangers. Mean strangers, too.

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Beautiful maple tree. Autumn is SOOO my favorite season. And there have been mornings when I have gone out early to go to work and thought the sun was rising in the west when it was just the full moon. Kind of freaky, actually.

     
  • At 3:33 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    I wish I could have seen that moon scene, sounds magical!

    Best of luck with your romance submissions... it's tough being a creative type and having to sell yourself, and deal with a lot of rejection (speaking for 10 years of experience here...). Persistence is the only way forward :)

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    felted bag.
    I love winter in socal. still warm enough at the beach, but no one else is there.

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Shawls! And I feel you for sending out those queries...but I've got to tell you, the Amazon.com discussions have been BEGGING for cowboy romances... it's all I can do and not to jump up and down and scream "Roxie has an AWESOME cowboy book...but it's not published yet!!!!" You're tapping a market dearest, and your day is coming, I feel it!!!

     
  • At 8:27 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Good luck on the query letters.

    Your photos are good. Not much fall color here so I appreciate it even more when I do see it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home