Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Saint's Day

We had fourty two trick-or-treaters last night - pretty much a record. We might have gotten more, but I go to bed early (8:30). I could hear yelps and shrieks coming from the neighbor's front yard for at least another hour. That remote-control spider was getting a work-out. The grandpa controlling it had sense enough not to frighten the little kids, but the late-coming teens got their adrenalin thouroughly stimulated!!

The nice thing about my sparse decorations is that I got all the Halloween stuff cleaned up in one minute. Just open the yard debris bin, and toss the pumpkins in. Other folks will have to spend hours taking down, and figuring out where to store all their stuff. I mean, where does one keep a remote-controled spider the size of a pug dog?

DH has taken the remaining candy in to the locusts at work, so temptation is out of the way. Except for the two packages of Skittles I grabbed and stuck in the back of the napkin drawer. And the three packages of M&Ms that have materialized in his magazine rack. But other than that, we are a candy-free zone. Unless you count the Twizzlers I keep in the car for those long road trips on Mondays.

Thank you, thank you for all the good advice about VISTA. I shall heed your words and look for anything else. Retro-fit XP into a new laptop perhaps, or maybe even a refurbished government surplus something. Wish it was as much fun to shop for computers as it is to shop for yarn.

Speaking of yarn and knitting stuff, I have turned out a purple fuzzy hat and scarf, and am 1/4 of the way through an orphan sweater made with purple fuzzy yarn held together with red mohair that shades from carmine to maroon. this is going to be a warm darn sweater!!

Tomorrow I have more GED stuff, so will likely not get a posting done. And Saturday, when we are not out and about, DH is on the desktop. But he sleeps in Sunday, so perhaps I'll see you then. Happy November to all!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    HOw wonderful about the spider--T has aspired to something like that for years, but I'm such an awful shopper...someday, he will get to scare teenagers like he's dreamed!

     
  • At 3:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yep, I'll bet there are thousands of people across the nation moaning about decoration clean-up...just in time to think of Christmas decorations. ::cackling evilly:: As for the spider - um, on the front porch for those door-to-door people who ignore the "no soliciting" signs?

    May you luck into a great deal on a new laptop; will keep my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, we'll happily read you when you can grab the desktop, and wait when DH needs to use it. We're not going anywhere!

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Monicapdx, I like your idea about the door-to-door folks and the spider!! LOL!

    Roxie, You gotta have your stash, be it yarn, books or candy!

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Sorry about the laptop. I got lucky and found a deal at circuit city. They always have them on sale but it is over a year old now and I am waiting for it to start going. These things do not last long. I don't have much to clean up either. I am in favor of mostly orange and brown leafy decorations that I can leave up for Thanksgiving. Two holidays for the price of one.

     
  • At 9:43 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    We had just over 80 kids here. And yes the clean up is a pain in the rump. I still have to finish mine.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home