Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

posting from two computers at once.


I am loading this photo blind. DH has figured a way to get the laptop to run, but the screen is so dark I can't see the picture. Still, it's a picture loaded! Yayyy!
OK, now on the desktop I can see that it's a picture of the yarn I am spinning. Nice plummy, purplish singles.. Wow, I am so happy to have the laptop sort of up again! The new battery was the culprit. The old battery brings the hard drive back to life, but is too weak to hold a charge for more than an hour or so. And the screen really is bad. I need to use a strong light at just the right angle to see sufficient shadows to navigate. Still, I have a second chance to rescue photos! Thank you, thank you, all the powers that be!
So, with any luck, and a lot of fiddling, I should be able to post a picture of the little jacket I am knitting. Pictures won't let you squeeze it and see how warm and soft and fluffy it is, but at least you can see the sophisticated red and purple colorations. Yes, knitting does go on, amidst all the other stuff.
I had such a lovely experience today. I got done with a testing session and had time to fill before the writers group started, so I settled in one of the quiet lounges with a book. A young man came in, carrying a guitar case, and asked if I minded if he practiced. What the heck, I figured. If he's dreadful, I can always go elsewhere. He was gifted! Classical guitar wrapped me round, filled my head. Each note flew through the air like a scintilating bubble, like a humming bird, like drops from a golden fountain. I got a private concert for one solid hour. I put down my book, folded my hands, closed my eyes, and swam in music. I realized that there were no words in my head. An extremely rare thing for me! And then it was time to go. All I had was five dollars to offer him as token of my appreciation. He smiled charmingly and said, "I should be all modest and turn this down, but I'm broke. Thank you very much!"
It has occurred to me, that it must be as much a pleasure for a musician to make sweet music as it is for me to make a warm hat or a beautiful shawl. To create, from things and heart and skill, is something magic. While he played, I was enchanted. And we are awash in such magic. It's all around us and daily we work it ourselves. Whether it's creating a meal or a sock or glorious vibrating in the air, or a garden or . . . it's magic, magic, magic! Abracadabra and alakazam!

9 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    When you are gifted with something like that, it IS magic. It effects your whole outlook. Just thinking about it is calming.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The yarn looks lovely! I'm going to have to take my Majacraft for a spin one of these days.

    I have gotten so attached to Etienne that I can't imagine having to be tied to a desktop. I hope that you get it sorted out or get a new one (yeah! that last one!!).

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    What a special treat!

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    It must be the season for every day art, hidden art, to break out and splash all over us. I was just thinking about how our giftedness in creating whatever we can create flows from our every day lives.

     
  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a wonderful experience. I believe the miracles and magic are all around us and we just need to be open to them. The people who are called to create are so inspiring. I feel more when I am near them. And your purple yarn is coming along beautifully. That is a skill I think I want to learn someday. I'll just put it on the list.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ahhh, serendipity. A lovely experience, so glad you had it!

    Plus hurray re the laptop, bravo for DH! Hmm...that yarn goes well with your blog colors. ;)

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love your wheel, from the little I can see. And congrats on getting the photo to load. A post is not a post without a photo. You always have such wonderful photos.

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    When I asked you if you believed in magic, I was pretty sure you would say something like this. When I get a shiny new idea I can feel the magic tickling my brain; actually bring it to life is a much slower process, but magic all the same.

     
  • At 2:14 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    and bipidee bopadee boo! How wonderful...and yes, there really is magic everywhere, isn't there? (For me, there's a lot of it in M.Night Shyamalan movies.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home