Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

shrewsday

The shrew is the meanest animal, pound for pound, on the face of the earth. Even if the mightiest, mega shrew is measured in ounces, not pounds, they still have the most overweening ferocity on four legs. I was assaulted by one on a wet September morn, and was so startled that my foot slipped on the wet leaves and I sprawled prostrate on the pavement. The shrew, undaunted, instantly went for my throat. However, he was so damn small that it took some time for him to scamper from my foot to my throat, and by that time, I was already scrambling to my feet and getting out of there. How's it gonna look when you turn up at emergency with tiny scratches on your neck and try to convince the medics that you were attacked by a rabid shrew?


Today is shrewsday because I had just a tiny twinge in my neck yesterday morning before I left for the jail, and by the time I got home, it had laid me low. I took pheynlgesic, an old-fashioned muscle relaxant that your pharmacist has probably never heard of, and melted into bed. I am moving now, but soo darn dopey and still a bit tweaky! That tiny twinge was shrewsworthy in fierceness and effect.


I have been knitting. I wanted to take a picture of the MIL sweater, but Fly insists that everything is better with a cat in it, so here is the sweater, four skeins done, with a cat in it. The second sleeve and the button band have yet to be completed.






The work at the jail has been giving me lots of kntting time. The scarf is coming right along, in spite of the eensy size 1 needles. I am 2/3 through the fourth repeat. It's gonna be a short, tuck-in scarf, but oh so warm!




As for the contest, Willow sent in a picture of five lovely pairs of hands, all knitting in a circle. Quite a work of art. This gets her five chances at the random draw. So far she stands a five in sixteen chance at the cashmere. Tomorrow at midnight is the deadline!


10 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooh... bummer on the shrewsday neck thing... huzzah for good drugs, though! And I'm amazed that you can knit--I mean seriously, well done! That scarf is looking very nice...even if it's just a short, tuck in one, it's gonna be an eye-catcher!

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    We loooves drugs.

    I haven't sent you my pix yet. Willow is brilliant, but she doesn't stand a chance. (Sorry, Willow.)

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    So where's the cat in the scarf picture?

    Aren't I a pest?

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'll get the kids to take a pic of my hands tonight!

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    Glad the drugs helped. Love the scarf and I have a cat who thinks much the same thing.

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Angie said...

    I've posted my picture on my blog. Please check it out!

     
  • At 3:02 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    ooooh that scarf is gorgeous! The cat you are knitting to go with the brown MIL sweater looks great.

    Glad to read you are feeling better.

    Did you get my last email? Hope they are not going astray once again.

    xx

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Hi once again. Have just re-sent my last email to you, so hoping it makes it all the way to your place this time. Let me know.

    J xx

     
  • At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My kitties all believe that everything is better with a cat in it too :)

    A scarf on size 1's?! I do believe that would be the death of me.

     
  • At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh yeah, and I sent you an email this morning of 6 pair of hands knitting :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home