Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The summer always lingers through September, in Camelot!



Kitty bliss. Ben wants to grow up to be a pirate's parrot. He is practicing his perching.




These are the gilt-edged days, that start with early clouds, and warm to dry and sunny afternoons. These are new pencil and unused notebook days. These are days when you squeeze the last shreds of wear out of your old sandals, while you eye the shiny new boots in the stores. These are transition days, a time of passage. Kids are leaving their sweaters at school, or losing them on the bus. Gardeners are putting in bulbs, already planning for the glory of spring. And the sun is slanting more to the south, more to the south, ever further away from summer.





I am in my usual sweet autumnal melancholy. I don't want summer to go. And there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Screaming and crying and throwing myself on the floor just doesn't work. The seasons turn whether I want them to or not. But why are they turning faster lately? Wasn't it the fourth of July just a couple of weeks ago? I seem to have mislaid most of my summer somewhere. Perhaps it's under the petunias . . .



Fiber related news tomorrow. Artwalk sockyarn scarf has been started (Starry Night colorway) and I'm one skein along on the sweater for MIL.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That Ben is such a cute little peanut. It'll be interesting to see if he's still going to be a parrot in a few more months.
    And, yes, this is the best part of the year, the between or summer and autumn.

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    What a sweet kitty.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    We've had picture perfect days too - enjoy!

     
  • At 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hee - Ben looks like he's saying, "Yes, I know I look unbearably cute. Don't you wish you were me?" Miss Pepper, from what I can make out of her expression, is looking unbearably smug, too. Great shot! (The DH looks pretty content, too.)

    I am so looking forward to Indian Summer, I just can't tell you. Of course, I'm a fall/winter lover. ::ducks and grins:: But I do know how you feel; it's just that I feel that way when spring arrives!

     
  • At 8:30 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    September makes me dizzy with the skies and the regrets and the feeling that the year will end before I've celebrated that it begins...

     
  • At 3:55 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Roxie, that would be the sweetest little kitty face I've seen in a long time. xx

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    September and even October have that melancholy feel. I guess by November we've finally faced the music and it's Christmas tunes nowadays. November doesn't feel so endy, more like we've settled in until spring.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home