Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, September 17, 2007

cat napping

This is DH's side of the sofa. Evidently, all the guys like to hang out there. Hey, if it's good enough for the butt of the Alpha male in our pride, it's good enough for them. As you can see, Fly is curled neatly in the corner, Jack has spread himself between my side and the Alpha Male side, and Ben is - - Ben is sound aseep with his dear ittle white tummy tum tum - - Ahem. Sorry. Inordinate cuteness brings out the babbling idiot in me. Ben has run at one hundred miles an hour for twenty minutes, then hit the wall and crashed straight into sleep. He is boneless. We can pick him up and he drapes over the hand like a beanbag with half the beans gone. And it doesn't wake him up. Don't you wish we could all sleep like that?

The Solar Fair was very interesting, but for me it was like wandering into an advanced lace-knitter's retreat when all you have ever done is garter stitch. My ignorance is so vast! I don't even know the language. (PVP means photo voltaic power. For about five minutes, I thought they were talking about plastic pipes.)And even though everyone was very kind and patient, I couldn't have bought a clue with a fifty dollar bill. We grabbed brochures from everyone there and made our escape to study up a bit more. Sorry folks. Maybe if you give us some specific questions for the next go-around . . .

Now, if you want to be vastly entertained, go to yesterday's comments and read Monica's suggestion for a new marketing ploy. I howled!!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    There must never be a dull moment at your house.

     
  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I laughed and snorted at Monica's comment, had to read it to The Professor. Disclaimers were especially good. If Monica wrote disclaimers for all products people would buy the stuff just to read them.
    Roxie: my specific question-how can Portlanders use solar power when the sun so seldom shines up there? Just kidding. My real question is when is the next fair?

     
  • At 7:55 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    That Monica, she's a clever one! I love your lace-knitting analogy. That's kinda the way I feel whenever my friend Liz starts in with neuroscience.

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you Roxie, and thanks, fellow readers! I had fun writing that; glad you enjoyed. ;)

    And awwwwww, such a cute fuzzy widdle tummy-- ::whap!:: It's catching. [g] Ben is just dangerously cute; it's impossible to resist going all googly. Roxie's photography might have something to do with it, too...

     
  • At 10:21 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a furry fuddle of feline felicity... (oops... still in early English....lots of alliteration:-)
    Anyway--they're damned cute!!! And I even have one that likes to suck on fingers for comparison!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home