Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, September 21, 2007

pictures of the cashmere

Here is the cashmere with Pepper beside it for scale. There are eleven ounces of gorgeous yarn, and so far, Amy Lane has the only chance at it.

What a fabulous garment this will make! Or you could make hats, mittens, socks for several people, and blow away half the people on your Christmas gift list.

Can you see this as a lace shawl to DIE for? It would be blinding work, but omigawd what a masterpiece!



I would estimate it as being about fingering weight. A quarter has been included for scale.


I had considered running a multi-colored sock yarn with it to boost the gauge, but the sumptuous elegance of pure black cashmere - how can you beat that?

Just send in pictures of hands doing knitterly things. By midnight, Wed the 26th. Each set of hands you photograph will get you another chance at the yarn.

It's almost the weekend. Wednesday will be here before you know it!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, that's gorgeous stuff. I fear The Amy, though...

     
  • At 12:21 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *snork* 'The Amy's' picture was not that great--I was testing my new camera on the Mac--the resolution isn't great, especially in the kitchen at night. Someone blow me out of the water--that cashmere is too good for the likes of me!!!

     
  • At 2:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Stocking up on heavy-duty batteries for the camera tonight! [g] (For some reason Portland seems lacking in Rayovac batteries for my charger. Dammit.)

     
  • At 6:44 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I'll try to get the lovely husband to take some knitting hands photos for me.

     
  • At 11:49 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I have four photos to send you. And I'm planning to get more this weekend (in Phx with my son and dil). ddil knits too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home