Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday follies

First in our carabet of Friday notes is the mandatory kitty picture. I was going to call it a kitten shot - but Ben has morphed, somehow, almost overnight, into a lanky, gangling, skinny adolescent. He still sleeps like a baby, though. And may have been weaned too soon, as he has a habit of finding tender skin and kneading it with those little claws while systematically licking the entire surface and purring like small Harley. My neck, in the middle of the night, is his favorite target. I wake up to dermabrasion by the quarter inch while my external tracheal area is gently needle-massaged.


On a slightly fiber-related front, I have, for the first time in my life, had to file my nails because they interferred with my knitting. I have weak, thin nails and a tendency to bite and tear my cuticles. Then I found some wonderful nail buffers at JoAnn's. So, while sitting at the computer, I have been buffing, rather than biting my nails, and on the left hand (which gets less use) I now have four long, femine fingernails. On the right hand, all my nails are long enough to scratch with, which for me is quite an achievement. I have become a passionate fan of nail buffing!!
On another fiber-related front, I will have another picture of the Starry Night scarf on Tuesday, since I have permission to work on it while at the jail on Monday. I should make significant progress. And thanks to Margene, Donna and Lucia. Now I can sing the lyrics in my head rather than just listen to the inner music as I knit. "Starry, starry night, paint your palete blue and grey . . . "
I did one of those on-line quizzes this morning.
What Time Of Day Are You?

This quiz says that I am sunrise. It goes on to say that I enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. I enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary. I am a person of reflection and meditation. I start and end every day by looking inward. Caring and giving, I enjoy making people happy. I'm often cooking for friends or buying them gifts. All in all, I know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.

That sounds so purty! Does anyone out there feel it doesn't apply to you too? Often these things are so generalized that they can apply to everyone! Why not take the quiz an let me know what time of day you are?

9 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What is the rule that says kitten can't stay kittens long... (Gordy likes to suckle our fingers when we sleep... doesn't sound nearly as fun as dermabrasion and trachial massage...)

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Be still my heart! He's SMILING while he sleeps. That is one contented kitten.

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ok, I'm sunrise too. But to be truthful, I seldom see the sunrise by choice.

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thought Ben was looking a little longer... [g] I'm envious of those nails! But if you get seduced into polish, don't use the Sally Hansen Hard As Nails stuff, even though it really does work. Why? Because it's so strong, if you do manage to break a nail, it's liable to break below the quick! YeeOUCH. (Did it twice at work on a heavy file cabinet drawer, long ago. Switched to good ol' weak polish in a hurry.)

    And I - not surprisingly - am midnight. [vbg] Whole thing going up on my blog in a quickie post today; otherwise after everything tomorrow, I'll never remember to do it!

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm a midnight and it totally suits me! Except for the 'vow of silence' bit. lol Blogthings are awesome!!

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    My calico kitty liked to suckle on my earlobes while I was sleeping, and on shirt buttons and just about anything else she could get in her mouth. I think she grew out of it by around six months old; she doesn't do it anymore but will still knead a little bit. I keep her nails trimmed so that she doesn't scratch me.

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I'm a Midnight too, by the way.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I'm a sunrise, although I don't like getting up that early (in summertime, anyway) to see them.

     
  • At 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I seem to be a midnight. What were the other possibilities? Personally I think I should be teatime or at least elevenses.Or maybe Ladies' Luncheon...

    Great starry nights and sunrises last weekend at Nahcotta - culminating with Venus as morning star in the east even as the sky colored up behind Long Island. Some Sat. Sunrise Sky!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home