Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Some fiber-related stuff

Starry, starry night . . lah dee dah ,dee dah dee daaaahhhh . . . does anyone (Lucia?) know who did that song about Van Gogh? It keeps running through my head and I would love to be able to sing more than a few words.









With the aid of my able assistants, I have begun a modular scarf using the Starry Night colorway from ZenGarden's Artwalk Sock Club. It is lovely yarn to work with and though my photo skills don't do justice to the colors, they are more satisfying than I could have imagined!









I worked a few hours at the college yesterday and took my lunch out in the glorious September weather. And of course, I was knitting in public. There were many, many comments on how beautiful the colors in my kniting were! And when I told people that the colorway was inspired by the painting, it was delightful to watch the light of recognition go on in a few faces








The first skein's worth of the MIL cardigan in a lovely heathery milk-chocolate brown Encore. There will be four ribs running the length of each front and a 2/2 rib button band knit on afterwards. I'm knitting quite relaxed on 7's. Not sure what I'm going to do with the neckline yet. Maybe a vee. And drop shoulders. A nice fast knit.






My Cabin Cove pink worsted arrived yesterday as well! Oh joy! Ben is also enthralled.



(The big white paw at the lower left corner here is the toe of my slipper. Do real photographers ever get their toes into the picture?)






I think I will knit myself a Cabin Cove tweed jacket. YUM!!!

12 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger margene said...

    Don McLean....
    I love your pink!

     
  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Don McLean. One of my favorite songs ever. I keep singing it to myself as I have started to knit with the yarn. It is so pretty. More folks recognize it than the Dali painting of last month! It is hanging on the walls of our building and I see it every day. The yarn is so close to the original colors. I like your pattern. It really shows off the colors.

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Vanna paws! Your two lovely assistants are displaying your MIL's sweater with Vanna gestures! "See the careful detailing..." (Yes, I'm cracking myself up here. And I don't even watch game shows, but you know that stuff is ubiquitous.)

    The Starry Night colors are indeed gorgeous. I like seeing them in mitered squares. Interesting how when you click for the closeups, the colors in the ball look more muted than knit up. I look at the ball and think, "Misty Moor". Then smack myself and say no, Starry Night!

    Love Ben and the pink Cabin Cove!

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You (& Ben) are both very busy!

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    Oh love the colours!!

     
  • At 10:21 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Which colorway do I like best? Can't decide although the starry night is really calling to me.
    Cabin Cove tweed jacket...oh yes, I can't wait to see it!

     
  • At 10:21 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Which colorway do I like best? Can't decide although the starry night is really calling to me.
    Cabin Cove tweed jacket...oh yes, I can't wait to see it!

     
  • At 1:54 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    YoU have lots of helpful kitties there! Lovely knitting, too, of course :)

     
  • At 4:19 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Margene and Donna beat me to it, but I found the lyrics, so you can sing along. And thank you! -- I've had another song stuck in my head for days, and "Vincent" may now push it out.

     
  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger Saffron said...

    Love all that cabin cove yarn! :) Pretty pink! :)

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a lovely load of pink! I adore it! And I always get embarrassed when muggles comment on the colors...I had nothing to do with those, those belong to a whole other artist!

     
  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I've always like Don McLean. Someday, we'll get one of those things that interface between the turntable and the computer and I'll put all those LP's (Don McLean's included) onto CD's.

    Such luscious fibers and colors. How you put colors together is always amazing to me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home