Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 13, 2007

What I accomplished yesterday

After running errands all morning, I sat down with the scraps and tried to figure a way to make the quilt top bigger. And instead, I achieved teh start of another quilt top. (Maybe I'll use it to back the first one.) I have a nice soft acrylic blanket I bought for $1 at a garage sale and that will make a great filler. Hmmm - now what? I'm running out of peaches and tans. This will definitely not be a State Fair competitor, but I can donate it to disaster relief, and if it keeps someone warm, it will be beautiful.
Trying to get a picture of Pepper. She is dark and soft, and tends to fade into the background, or the flash washes her out. she and Ben snuggle up and sleep together like siblings. I'm so glad we got two babies at once.

Today, I am headed to a yarn sale. A notable local fiber artist is moving to a small apartment and is selling a great deal of her tools and stash. I am searching all my cash stashes for a few extra dollars. Going through all the jacket pockets, checking under the sofa cushions, probing the seams of old purses . . . Is it too embarassing to pay for your addiction with a jarful of change? A true addict would sell her blood!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Your older cats are probably grateful to you for getting two babes at once, too. I think it is a much better way, it keeps harmony in the household.

    The quilts are so pretty! Can I have mine in greens and browns, please? ;p

     
  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    awwww can these guys get any cuter!

    Roxie, your quilts are simply lovely and you are going to give them away!

     
  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Okay...you're not making me miss quilting any less--so so pretty! (You know, Safeway has change counters...sort of spares you the strained back!)

    Yeah...that's definitely cause to break the ol' penny bank, isn't it?

     
  • At 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a neat idea on using the two quilts together to me. (Not any sort of quilt expert here. Or sewing, for that matter. My machine is possessed.)

    ROFL on the cat pic! Oh man, that'd make a perfect lolcat! (If you haven't run into lolcats before, go check I Can Has Cheezburger? at:
    http://tinyurl.com/2kcq53)

    Maybe you'll have to get a special light-colored blankie to lure Pepper onto for pix??? Or knit and full her a light Kitty Pi...

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    For a yarn sale like that I'd go for broke, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home