Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Kitty post

We were walking past the neighborhood pet store and DH said, "Let's go in and look at the dogs." Dogs are OK. Dogs don't break my heart when I leave them. But they had kitties. And one of them was all alone in her cage. And she pressed herself against the wire and begged for, " . . . a stroke, please, just a touch, please, I'm so lonely!" And I rubbed her ears, and I was lost. Lost. She is soooo soft and she purs like a young diesel tractor. So I went up to the clerk and said, , "What can you tell me about the manx?" "Well, she's been here three months because most people are freaked out by the lack of tail. and she startles easily at loud noises, so if you have little kids at home, she wouldn't be happy with you." When I assured her that we were just two middle-aged peole with three resident cats, her face lit up and she nearly fell over herself getting us set up with the adorable little girl. We took her home and she immediately made herself comfortable. she pooped in her litterbox, drank from the water bowl, and began to terrorize the three mature cats. Her name is probably Pepper, though her second name might be Purl.

We are headed to a picnic on 7/7/07 (Lucky day) so I made my pasta salad. I can't make just a little pasta salad because it has so much stuff in it. Starting with zucchini, yellow squash, black olives, and tomatoes.

A bag of frozen vegetables goes in, too. Italian blend if you can find it. Cook the pasta (Tortellinis and rotelli)and drain it over the frozen veggies, then dump it all in with the
fresh veggies.


You must include marinated artichoke hearts - nature's perfect food. I use about half a giant jar, and eat the rest all by myself. Olive oil is good for you! Be sure to dump the liquid in with the hearts.



Chunks of salami are also imperative. DH promised to take care of any left-over salami.






Lastly, open and drain and add a can of garbanzos, and a can of red beans, Then dump an entire bottle of Newman's Own Italian over the whole thing and let it marinate over night.




Serve to a crowd. One single woman can eat this twice a day for over a week untill she just can't face it anymore! (Speaking from experience.)




We had a late afternoon appointment, then took ourselves out for dinner. As we were finishing dinner, DH said, "Do you believe in premonitions?" Well of course I do. "As we were leaving the pet store," he said,"there was a little orange kitten watching us, and I really feel that if we don't adopt him, he won't have a happy life." So we shot off to the pet store and they were still open and the little orange guy was still there.

I think his name is Ben.













11 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The pasta salad looks very yummy, but those new babies!!! Oh my goodness how cute they are! Good for you both to take on more to add to your brood! best wishes for many years of love and fun with them.

     
  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Oh my gosh, kitty heaven!!! And the pasta salad, I have to try that one this week!

     
  • At 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG! You adopted TWO new kitties today? You two are wonderful to take them in. That's just amazing!

     
  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Congratulations on the new additions to the family--I'm glad to see Ben there, he gives your sprawling brood of spoiled, revered (as is their right!) felines a perfect tocuh of color--he's sort of the kitty equivalent of orange parsley...

    And the pasta salad looks divine!

     
  • At 7:00 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Congrats on the two new additions to your feline family.

    Yum! Pasta Salad!

     
  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Two new little ones? It's going to be a circus at your house for a while. New kitties are such fun!

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwwwwwww... Two new furpeople! (People were freaked by a Manx? Grief.) I think Ben has Faerie blood; look at those ears! ;) Let's hear it for 'just looking', and following premonitions.

    Drat, now you've got me pining for my hubby's bacon salad. Only I need butter lettuce and romaine and radishes and umpteen other veggies and fresh-baked sourdough to go with, and... well... bacon. I just did the shopping for the month! ::throws hands in air:: I shall go eat my grapes. ;)

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You're a softie Roxie - congrats on expanding your family! Poor Ben looks a little evil in that pic, maybe he hates having his picture taken.
    What do the older siblings think of the new arrivals? Putting/keeping them in their place(s)? hee-hee

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Welcome to Pepper Purl and Ben! You are so very kind to adopt two kitties in one day (my Dotter will be hugely jealous!).

    I love pasta salads too - yours looks very yummy indeed :)

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

    Oh, the new babies are adorable! Ben looks like a real pistol ... how are the Resident Cats dealing with the new arrivals?

     
  • At 3:01 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    oh I am so with you on the artichoke hearts. Even better is the whole artichoke, but that's not as easy as just opening a jar and eating that perfect little heart. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home