Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 06, 2007

Not my yard, but pretty


Yesterday, Dh and I got up and covered a section of the yard with cardboard, then spread bark dust over it. I sweated like a pony! Then DH mowed the remaining grass while I went into the back yard, pulled weeds, then put down thick layers of newspaper to make future weeds feel unwelcome. And then we went to gym and trod the treadmills for twenty minutes. And last night, after dinner, we went to our dance class and struggled with the Hillbilly Mambo for an hour. OK, I gotta admit I liked the dancing part. And I was happy to be working with DH and making the yard look nice. Pulling weeds was in the shade, so there was something to be said for that. But except for the dancing, there was nothing I wanted to jump out of bed for this morning. What motivates me? Wonder if there's a Jazzercise class in the neighborhood? Or adult ballet. With recitals! I looooove attention! Dance recitals would definitely get my motor running! I am a Las Vegas showgirl at heart. A sparkly bra, a head full of feathers and a skirt made of seven yards of Saran Wrap and some beads - I would be in hog heaven! Hmmmm - there's a hat inspiration in there . . .

On the fiber front, I have gone to the dark side and am crocheting a mesh vest for the artist who is doing my book cover. And decreasing sleeve caps on the turquoise sweater sleeves. And considering doing some weaving. Would you be interested in seeing how a casual old pro sets up a simple loom?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You betcha on the loom - I might learn something new, it's been ages since I've woven.

    And have you thought of belly-dancing? ;) (Seriously, it is great, and boy, do they have sparkles! Just think of the fun of making your costume...)

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    any information about weaving would be great! I still have my loom--maybe I'll set it up at the new house.

    Thanks for the tips about moving. I had planned to wash the bed sheets today but the washing machine broke on Wednesday! Great timing, what?

     
  • At 2:02 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    my belly-dance classes usually had recitals...way more fun than ballet, and better for your body (natural posture, no weird stress on your joints). And the sparkles! Oh my!

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Anything on the fiber front is a YES!!

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I forgot to ask! What is "bark dust"? I think I have an idea, but I've never seen it.

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yes. I'd LOOOOVEE to watch you do that...and as much as I loathe yard work (and rarely do it) there is a certain satisfaction in seeing it done!!!

     
  • At 4:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YES!!! Set up a loom! Can you do a live video feed, too? Or a YouTube? I think tons of people would like to see that.
    What is thr purpose of cardboard and that dust stuff? What does that do, is it like mulch or something. Or, maybe some sort of exotic Northwest tradition of some sort. (Gah, I am SO urban, I really need to get outside more often.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home