Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

This is my seat.

Candy realizes that this is where the alpha female sits, and every time I get up to go somewhere, she tries to usurp my position. This is her passive resistance stance. She spreads herself as widely as possible and goes bonelessly limp. When I pick her up to shift her, she radiates the sense that I am a horrible, cat-abusing monster, should be racked with remorse, and the entire world will be against me for my heartless cruelty. This is no more effective than her, "How dare you touch me, you peasant?" approach. That's my seat!

My bloodwork all came back fine. Blood pressure is 94 over 62. Cholesterol is low-normal. Blood sugar is low normal. Iron count is low normal. Everything is low normal. So the doc is sending me to a shrink to see why I can't focus anymore. This still does not address the fact that I'm cold all the time. The problem with medics these days is that they have so many patients to process that you really do get shuffled through at top speed. I like to think of myself as fairly assertive, but she's gotten very good at graciously moving folks along.

Today I am headed over to the next county for training to take GED tests to their jail inmates. they have a much more thourough training process than my home county does. I even have a manual to study and a dress code to follow. Among other things, I can not wear tube tops, bare midriffs, or mini-skirts. Gosh I'm glad they told me! I'll have to review my whole wardrobe. (snirk)The thing is, they wouldn't have to have these rules if someone hadn't already done it. Yep, I'm going to go into a situation where a bunch of guys with poor impulse control have been away from their girlfriends for weeks or months, and I'm going to flaunt my mamalian charms in a tube top. Right! Today I am wearing a mid-calf navy blue t-shirt dress with a red cardigan over it. Flat shoes, no jewelry except the wedding ring, and a belt with no buckles. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Knitting: I'm about half-way up the sleeves. So glad I'm doing both at once!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have you had your thyroid checked? That would explain the low energy and cold all the time.

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I agree with Kristen. Get it checked. And are you eating enough? Too few calories on a daily basis will cause all that as well.

     
  • At 10:16 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    HA, we have the same cat.

    Ditto the suggestions to get your thyroid checked, and glad the blood work came out okay.

    And, um, exercise can help if you don't already get some. Nasty, I know, but it works.

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Dare I say...if you're cold, put on a sweater!

    I know you've been on a diet lately...I would take a look at what you've been eating and what you haven't been, and see if there are any clues. Fat makes your brain work, sadly; I often find myself more distractable when I'm on a diet and am avoiding fats, sugars, and salts. It may just be an adjustment to the new diet plan.

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yeah--I'm with Lyssa...when you don't eat enough points and blow off all your fats, you can get really spacey... (I'm glad to hear all the ordinary stuff was normal...) I remember a friend had to take fish-oil tablets when she was dieting...sounded icky, but it was supposed to make up for no fats/low carbs...

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And I remember one of my college profs used to teach English at Folsom Prison... no blue jeans either, because then you could be confused w/the inmates...

     
  • At 11:41 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Before I read the others' comments, my first thought was, What? No thyroid check? That's what I'd check for first. And then I'd figure, hormones, or lack thereof.

    Just imagine working at California Youth Authority! I have a friend who taught reading to 16 yo guys at CYA. He says that teaching at Juvey is sooo much easier. GEDs-- at least the boys are trying to do more than start fights. May I also recommend a nun's habit or a burkah?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home