Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Love that face!

Ben likes to snuggle right up next to DH and help him watch TV. He is the sweetest, softest, tiny baby. Just over 2 pounds.


Pepper is just over four pounds, so she has no problem pinning him down and washing his ears when he needs it.



I finally finished the turquoise sweater yesterday! I was at our writing critique group, and MJ, who is slim and petite, agreed to model it for me. Gosh, it looks great on a live person! MJ makes it look stylin'!





I have been jonesing for a little sewing fun, so I got out the entire stash and started slapping stuff together. Here, one of my design assistants inspects the field of play.


Disappearing nine-patch with some mistakes. I embrace my mistakes! If I didn't, I'd never get anything done. Divergent assemblies add charm and whimsey to otherwise pedestrian work. this needs borders. They'll come.

11 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The turqoise sweater looks GREAT! Congrats! And thanks for more kitty pics - too cute!

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay on the sweater. And it does look great on her.
    Hey, quilting. I'm getting my stuff together to make a new one, too. Hmmm...maybe we need a knitter's quilt challenge or something? Maybe?

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Interesting. Your Disappearing 9-patch forms a Brigid's Cross pattern (the four-armed pale pink
    shape.) Talk about Proto-Indo-European...
    How about some full-face shots of Pepper? Is she not so cooperative with photos? Clearly Ben thinks having his photo taken is great. So would I if I were that photogenic!

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Awwww. Such sweet little cats. And such lovely work, both the sweater and the quilt! Divergent assemblies juxtaposed with a synthesis of color values.

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    The turquoise sweater is fabulous. You are a clever girl!

    Ben has stolen my heart, what a gorgeous boy. Tummy rubs for both your new boys Pepper and Ben.

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That's gorgeous...someday, I will quilt again, I swear!!! But in the meantime, your design assistants served you very well, and I love to see your work!

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh yeah--and that sweater is AWESOME...you're so good, Roxie--someday, I will be that good!

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Oh isn't it lovely!! i love the detail!

     
  • At 8:58 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Fantastic quilt and jumper! And no, we never get sick of kitty pictures :D

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow what a gorgeous sweater! Always love kitty pix, yes, you betcha. Ben looks so innocently sweet. ::snicker:: And Pepper - my, washing and assisting, she's a busy girl. Love the artist's statement on the quilt!

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love the nine-patch - interesting pattern - great colors. The sweater is great! You are so creative.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home