Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Are you sick of kitty pictures yet?

I was working on that crocheted vest, and my little supervisors came over to check on the progress. Ben found it tedious, and fell asleep. Emphasis on fell. Crashed head-first into slumber, bang, thunk! Pepper, like any girl, found the movement of the hands quite hypnotic.


DH sat down to watch TV. He has a higher body temperature than I do. The AC is colder than the cats or I like, so they moved over to the warm spot in the house.

If laughter is the best medicine, these two are happy pills. I laugh out loud at them at least seven times a day. Depressed people should get a daily dose of kittens and puppies.

I took the babies in for their first check-up. They were stacked in their carriers, feeling fairly calm and interested in things until a guy came in with a huge part-wolf on a leash. Very well-behaved, polite dog. Quite casually, in passing, the dog sniffed at Ben's cage, and Ben instantly blew up to the size of a small canteloupe and showed all of his tiny baby teeth in a hiss of fierce intimidation. He hurt the poor doggie's feelings. But other than that, and getting their temperatures taken (How RUDE!!!) It was a peacefull, painless trip. And now Ben can brag about how he Frightened a Wolf!

I picked up the neck of the turquoise sweater last night. It's all sewn together and just a few inches of ribbing away from being completely finished. Pictures tomorrow.

I finished the re-write on my western and as a reward, I get to sew. I'm going to work on a disappearing nine-patch. (If you want to make God laugh, tell her your plans.) And then I'm going to warp the loom.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Fran kitty, helps hubby by chasing the green snakes through the yard. She didn't like it when the water was turned on.

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those two are SO cute, especially Ben. I'm enjoying them a lot.

     
  • At 10:41 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Little ones just cheer up a house...(furry or bald, it's the energy packed in the littleness that does it...)

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Roxie, they are truly adoreable!

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nope, not sick of kitty pictures yet, and probably never will be, so keep 'em coming! They are awfully cute, and I love Ben asleep on your shoulder. Precious!

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Not sick of kitty pictures, please don't stop. They are absolutely adorable.

     
  • At 2:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwwwwwww! Lord, next thing you know, I'll start googly baby talk. I don't do googly baby talk. But those two are bringing me dangerously close. Loved the Ben and the Wolf story!

    Looking forward to seeing the sweater, and can't wait for the loom. Stay cool!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home