Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Cool green thoughts to everyone being heat-stroked

I wandered around campus on Wednesday and got some photos for my friends to rest in. Green is healing and soothing to the spirit. The temperature was about 68 degrees when I took these, and the sky was covered with a thin gray blanket of clouds.


This interesting hardscape is tucked back behind the physics building. You have to walk clear around the building to get here, and it faces a corner of the woods. It would be a marvelous place for -oh- poetry reading on a warm summer night. I have no idea why it was constructed.
The birches are mossy and often lichened over. There is a myth that moss grows on the north side of trees. Around here, it grows on the outside of trees. And rocks. And buildings. And cars if you don't wash them often enough. And winos. (They don't ever wash often enough.) That's why things are so very verdant around here.

On the knitting front, I started the sweater sleeves today.

On the writing front, the artist who is working on the cover for my second Sanna book is just about done, and the picture is SO COOL!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the advice and input about cashmerino baby jackets. I'm gonna do it. I'm getting some silk indigo dyed to knit a tuxeudo vest for DH. I have been looking for dark silk all over town and not only does no one carry it, they can't be bothered to order it for me. I could go online and order it, but there is a woman who does dying, lives about a mile from me, and has three adorable children to support. I figured, why not keep the money in the neighborhood? Her youngest is an darling two-year-old who would look good enough to eat in a nice stripey sweater. so much to knit, so little time!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh wow!!! What a wonderful little secret place...bring your book, bring your knitting, have a quiet hour in faerie-land!

    Can't wait to see the Tuxedo Vest!!!!

     
  • At 5:09 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    I love your lush green secret place - I spent a fair amount of my childhood in New Haven, and I miss that sort of greenery so much. (We moved to the USA when I was 4, back to Oz when I was 10.)

    Glad your new book cover is coming along nicely - exciting times!

     
  • At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Catching up... Loved the cat pix post! (And sympathies on the blood-drawing thing. Gack. Hope all came out ok. Um...that didn't come out-- dammit, across quite like I meant it. LOL.) And yay on going for the Cashmerino baby jacket!

    Love this batch of pictures, too. Ahhh, moss and green and more green. Such a pretty area. Would be nice for a knitting circle, too. ;) Yay for the book cover; sounds wonderful!

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I like the cool greens. It looks the middle photo was a fountain at one time. The moss in the bottom photo looks soft and spongy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home