Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 14, 2007

A finished object - almost

The quilt is sewn and needs only to be tied. I took it out in the yard and draped it over my sling chair. Good light out there! One of my Uplanned quilt tricks is to pick up sheets for a dollar at garage sales. Lots of solid-color fabric for good prices that way. You can play with a center, and slap on a solid border to make it big enough.



And if you have come up with something that is just too short, then slap together the odds and bobs in a random fashion and put at least three rows of it at either end. Nice, frame-ish thing.


The yarn sale was less of a hit to the pocketbook than I had feared. The seller was quite a dyer and weaver, and was very much into machiine knitting. Machine knitting yarn and weaving yarns hold no charms for me on the average.
But Sage-green cotton, white and green cotton eyelash, a ball of pink silk (! Squeeeee!),
some hand-dyed mohair, a pound of hand-spun wool and dacron, a ball of pink cotton slub, some purple soft cotton (mine! Sweater for ME! MINE!) totaled $30.





And, ahem, a pound of black cashmere . . .

for another $10 . . .

Eeeeeeeee!! DH, feel this! Isn't it soft? I got such a glorious DEAL!
He watches me dancing and exualting and says, in bemusement, "That's nice, dear."
Nice? Nice? It's awesome! It's glorious! It's - it's, - it's cashmere! Feel it!
He feels it. He agrees that it's soft. He accepts that it was a wonderful deal, but he doesn't - he doesn't understand the awesomeness of it. A pound of cashmere for $10! But a knitter would share my joy, won't you?

7 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    My gosh you've been busy! Orange kitties are the best!

     
  • At 4:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    "Cashmere Georgie!" (from Seinfeld)
    Good score Roxie!!

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    I just smack hubby around the head with the yarn purchases until he sees their wonder. Works a treat.

    Beautiful quilt!

     
  • At 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just reading you makes me happy, Roxie! Your glee is so well-expressed -- Squeeee indeed!

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Sweetie has the same attitude about the cashmere. But I share YOURS.

    You came away with some good stash!

    Love the quilts.

     
  • At 7:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A pound of cashmere? For $10???

    ::THUD!!!!!::

    DH has no idea... ;) Congrats on everything, lovely haul!

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    drooling with envy...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home