Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The cover for the book went off yesterday


Sanna and the Dragons is all at the publisher's now. Sorry this shot of the cover is washed out by the flash. guess you'll have to buy the book to get the full effect. (Buy the book. Buy the book) I mailed off the CD of the cover yesterday because it was too big for my server to e-mail it. then I took the picture - the real picture really painted by a real artist - I took it in to be framed. And nearly had a heart attack. Oh my sweet aunt Fanny! Picture framing is ex-pen-sive!! And of course the wicked young man showed me the top of the line stuff first, so all the simpler, less expensive stuff would look shabby afterwards. Well, we went with affordable in spite of his sinister tricks. Then I hammered down on a quilt top for most of the afternoon. I should have pictures of it tomorrow. Another random quickie quilt. Then I'll sew an apron, and after that I'll drag out the loom. Dave, of Cabin Cove, is sending some of his handspun glories to be woven into a table-runner and I will record the process in photos and words.This will be a blogumentary.
Dave's on-blog interview brought in a whole bunch of sales for the first boook, Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice (Available now on Amazon) and I am profoundly grateful to him.
It's raining today and all the leaves look fresh-washed and shiny. Temps are in the mid 70s. It's quite pleasant.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I placed an order through Authot House Press Sunday evening. I'm looking forward to gettting the book later this week!!

     
  • At 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, yeah, framing is through the roof.
    Glad to hear a few folks bought the book. And I can't wait to get the next installment! I'd ask, but I know you won't give away any plot points.

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    When, when, will Sanna and the Dragons be ready to read?

    Can't wait to see the blogmentary about weaving. I still have my loom and still haven't woven anything. Maybe once I'm settled in my own little house...

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Slainte, Roxie! Boy, so exciting! And oh yeah, framing? I checked on just matting once, and nearly died. Yikes. But glad you found an affordable version. ;) Waiting eagerly for the weaving blogumentary, too.

    And boy, you're right on the weather. Lovely...

     
  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    that looks like a lovely cover Roxie. Well done!! I'll have to try and get me a copy. As well as Amy's books.

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I LOVE that cover--and I'd be so proud of that picture if I were you-- ohhh...it's so fun being excited for someone's book without having all of the worry and angst that goes with it!!! SQUEEEEE!!!!!

     
  • At 5:01 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    Great cover painting. I feel your pain with framing costs. I've done my own framing for the past 5 or 6 years now - I buy a pre-made frame, cut my own matts, and put it all together. Takes a while, but a damn sight cheaper than custom framing.

     
  • At 6:28 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Ms 11 will be pleased. I'll put an order in through Amazon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home