Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 15, 2007

can't find the camera

I still can't seem to put buttons on my blog, but if you go to http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts you should be able to get yourself sorted for whichever house you belong in. I made it into Hufflepuff by one point. It was either that or Ravenclaw, and I really did want hufflepuff. They seem more jolly and relaxed than any of the others.

DH and I went to see "Ratatouille" yesterday. It's a Disney film, so you know the basic pattern: Oddball kid doesn't really fit in, seperated from family, has adventures, discovers true self,makes unlikely friends, things go bad. Unexpectedly, just when hero is ready to give up, help arrives from those you can always rely on. The guy gets the girl, happy endings all around.
I laughed out loud several times. The food critic is voiced by Peter O'Toole. Lots of slapstick for the kiddies, lots of clever lines for the grownups. ("I hate to be rude, - but we're French.") I think it is definitely worth matinee prices. And you can always go early and stand around the lobby to watch the Harry Potter fans.

Bells suggested flogging the husband around the head and shoulders with the new yarn until he shows a proper appreciation. There's a lot to be said for that approach. On the other hand, showing him everything untill he gets bored to DEATH lets you slip some wild expenditures under the radar. "I showed you that when I bought it and told you how much it cost and you said, 'Very nice, dear.' So now, after I've lost the receipt, you want me to return $200 worth of alpaca? That's not fair and it's not possible.Why didn't you say something when I showed it to you?"

2 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Your approach is also excellent Roxie. I might have to try that.

     
  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I just walk in the house with a distinctly colored bag, and when Mate says, "Do I want to know?" I shake my head. No. No, he really doesn't want to know... (I'm in Gryffindor...I was actually pretty much tied for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff...how does one do that?)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home