Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 29, 2007

The server is back!

Yesterday I spent wayyy too much time trying to get on line. No e-mails, on blogs, no net surfing. My world had come to an end. I offered to make sacrifices to the Powers that Serve, but they were deaf to my pleas. But today, everyithing is up and at'em. So I have spent my morning feasting on everyone's new postings, and reveling in some e-mailing, and now, when I get around to posting, I realize I have to bolt out the door to get my hair trimmed. It took me almost a month to get this appointment, so I'm not going to blow it off.

but I have to share my treats! Amy Lane was kind enough to read the rough draft of my western romance novel, and when she sent it back, it came bearing gifts! The photo doesn't show it, but her dear daughter, "Chicken" also included some swell drawings for my delight!

Amy sent me soft, luscious yarns of the kind I never buy for my self. I am already making plans for some of them.



Is it just too silly to use Cashmerino for a baby jacket?

7 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Don't you hate having to wait for a hair cut!! Love the soft pinks!

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I use fancy yarns for baby stuff all the time...but I'm weird like that. I don't use fancy yarns for baby stuff I'm going to give away, though...just for the things I'm going to hoard.

     
  • At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Debbie Bliss is know for very simple infant garments, made with her luxury yarns. But there are always socks and gloves( I have a good pattern for fingerless gauntlets,1 50 gr skein dk/worsted weight per pair ) for the knitter herself. Cashmere is like aromatherapy for the skin.
    I still need to knit up that red lamb's wool blend we bought years ago at Robin and Ross.

     
  • At 10:04 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Actually, that really colorful stuff on top was Ladybug's knit dress:-) (It's so much prettier in person and on your blog than it was in my badly taken pictures!!!) No--babies get luxuries too... (I'm so glad you like the yarn...I can't think of a better home:-)

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    (And Chicken's thrilled to see her pictures on the blog:-)

     
  • At 12:44 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    Cashmerino for a baby jacket is perfect. I'd do it in a heartbeat!

    Amy is too good.

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    What wonderful reinforcement and encouragement for your novel. It's great to have someone give you marvelous things you'd never get for yourself.

    As for the cashmerino . . . why not? You'll love knitting with it, baby appreciate the softness as will whomever holds the wee one.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home