Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, March 29, 2007

good morning, glory!

I just love early morning light and translucent blossoms, don't you?

Last night, when he got home from work, DH and I went to the gym and put in 20 minutes on the treadmills. That's one in a row! Hooray for us. As I may have mentioned, I am what every guy in the northern tier wants in the winter - a heavy sweater. By the end of my 20 minutes, my t-shirt was soaked, and I was so dehydrated that my fingertips were wrinkled. One whole bottle of water and twenty minutes later, and Iwas all plumped up again. Wonder if dehydrated fingertips leave untraceable prints?

If you want to see some adorable exotic critters, go visit Grandma Flea at fleabites.blogspot.com. Australian possums are ever so much cuter than their American cousins!!Grandma Flea would like to know what a junco looks like. I have been trying to get pictures, but all I manage are shots of the feeder where a junco was sitting just a flicker of motion ago. Either that, or shots from so far away that the birds look like poppy seeds. I can see that if I want to do wild-life photography, I will need a longer lens, and better reflexes. And though the lens is available, the reflexes will never be any better. I'd better stick to close-ups of flowers. They don't run away.
I promised some knitting content. Here is most of a sweater for the orphanage. I have been having fun with shaping. How many ways can you create a t-shape? Then pick up and knit a collar. I will also knit a couple of striped pockets to sew onto the front to match the stripes on the sleeve. And it will need some sort of fastening . . .
Miz G and I are headed to the LYS for tea and gossip. Tomorrow, I'll show you how this sweater went together.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    The flowers are fabulous! We'll be quite contented with your flower photos. Today they're just suggestive of the glory of spring.

     
  • At 1:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Gods...sometimes I just love the simplest knitting patterns--they look SOOO good! (And I haven't gone walking in 3 days...just curled up on the couch, nursing the offending organ with motrin, chocolate and a heating pad...)

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Roxie,
    What is the difference between Scandanavian knitting and Fair Isle knitting? I have looked "everywhere" but Sannasbag and can't find an answer.
    TIA for helping me out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home