Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I took GED tests to the jail again yesterday. These folks are doing better than the average run of high-schoolers. One fellow, not the fastest horse in the stable, but not ashamed to ask questions and not prone to making hurried mistakes, is doing exceptionally well. Wish I could post his scores and point out that he consistently does better than the impatient smart-alecs.


I had twenty minutes between the time I got back from the jail, and the time my writer's group began, so I have found a sun-trap at the top of a seldom used stairwell and settled in on the concrete for some sock knitting. But I had to get a picture of this lovely white magnolia counterpointing the bare black shadows beside it.







Naturally, when I got home, I had to turn the camera on our magnolia tree as well. Translucence!











I stood with my back against the chain-link and shot across our whole backyard. In the shaded background you can see the plum trees flowering. There are almost no bees this spring, so this bounty of flower will produce very sparse fruiting. sigh. There is something so hedonistic about picking and eating a completely ripe sun-warmed plum. Our pears are pretty bodacious, too. The apples? Meh. Maybe they're good for pies, but I'm not a pie afficianado.



Except for the sock, almost no knitting last night. I fell asleep when I got home, woke for dinner, fell asleep till Survivor, then took my bath and hit the hay. DH is still fighting his flooding sinuses, and is sneezing like a one-man epidemic. If my body wants rest, I think it counts as preventative medicine. I do not WANT that cold!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    It's amazing what stick-to-it-iveness will do...

    You're making me look forward to spring flowers even more than usual. We're about six weeks behind you.

    Rest and do not get sick! If his cold is anything like the one I had, you definitely don't want it. I can't tell if the sore throat I just sprouted is a new cold or yet another permutation of the old one.

     
  • At 8:49 AM , Blogger margene said...

    That tree is amazing!! Stay well!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Hi Roxie, I got my book today! I can't wait to curl up in a cozy spot and indulge myself...maybe find a little sun trap of my own somewhere. Thanks!

     
  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Enjoy the sleep--you're right...a rested body is a well body... (and woman, you are the reason digital cameras were invented...the world just looks brighter through your eyes.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home