Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

motivations

Losing weight requires drinking quantities of water. I found this cup on sale for $4 at Starbucks. (Also known as fourbucks)It holds 2 full cups. Yes, I could have a sports bottle, but a sports bottle wouldn't make me feel pretty. A pink blossom on my cup makes me feel pretty. Here it sits in its natural environment on my desk.








And here it is posed nicely on the shelf. It works. I drank so much water yesterday that I sloshed when I walked. I nearly wore out the zipper on my slacks.

As for other motivations - well, you know how you're suppose to change out all your makeup every six months? I'm gonna give myself a new item every week I stick to the program. Weight-loss or no, I am going to reward good behavior. New mascara, new blush, new lipstick, new eyeliner, new eyebrow color (I have such anemic pale eyebrows - just about invisible - they need serious augmentation.) I might even try to find foundation.

Foundation is such a quaint term. Mother used to wear "a foundation." They were elasticized, boned, engineered undergarments with metal zippers and heavy-duty hooks and eyes that required assistance to don. And when she took them off, they left welts all over her. And, by God, she would no more have gone out to dinner without it than she would have gone out without her diamonds or her high-heels. Thank God for changing fashions. Now she wears long skirts and loose sweaters and comfy shoes. And she's pushing 90. Let's hear it for life without foundations!

As for knitting, I'm beavering away on that tube sock, and for evening work, another orphan sweater. Sweater picture tomorrow.

If you want an alpha version of the manuscript, please tell me if you want it in hard-copy or e-mail attachment. I appreciate any and all suggestions, editing, and critiques. Thanks ever so!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You know, I was looking around my knitting group a week or two ago and thinking, "these women all do things to their eyebrows." Far from having your problem, I am rather beetle-browed, with deep-set eyes, to the point where I'm not really sure eyebrow plucking could improve things, even if I knew how. Oh well. Am I old enough to wear purple yet?

    Good luck with the weight loss... those pounds are awfully smart, aren't they? No matter how you try to hide after losing them, they always find you again.

     
  • At 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Roxie, Honey, you don't need a pink mug to make you pretty - you ARE pretty! So there!!!! *wink*

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'd love to read your manuscript but my plate is way overfull. In about a month...
    The reward system works great to help me lose. Which doesn't happen much anymore. I've stayed basically in the same 5 lb range for 3 years after gaining 5-8 lbs four years ago. Those 8 lbs really show on a girl my height. I've been trying to lose them and they just don't go away. I'll have to try rewards like See's Candy, Hershey's Dark Choc...oh, that doesn't help??

     
  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The pretty pink mug is a nice idea...I think I need to not hide my reward candy for my students RIGHT UNDER MY DESK...that sort of kills things right there...

    The make-up thing is kind of fun... it beats my system of putting stuff on my face until it infects my eyes and THEN throwing it away... (maybe save another spa treatment for the BIG reward?) I'm REALLY looking forward to reading your manuscript...there's a certain conversation that I've been wanting to see since July!

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I've seen those mugs up here too! They're so spring-like that I don't blame you a bit for purchasing one. I need more mugs like a hole in the head (oops - bad simile) but sometimes a girl just can't resist!!

     
  • At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Roxie, how big is the attachment if you E-mail the alpha version of your book? I'm interested but don't want the electronic tubes, you know, to get all clogged up the way they do....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home