Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 26, 2007

The tote-around tube sock is down to the toe

A few stitches here and there - at the stop light, waiting in line at the bank, sitting through traffic jams, - and eventually it's time to start thinking about decreases. Not quite yet, but soon, soon.






I must apologize in advance to everyone now. I am going back to Weight Watchers and hoping to again loose the 30 pounds I put back on in the past three years. Portion control, Eating in moderation, and Snack discipline, are all problems for me. The apology is because I'm afraid I will be mentioning this a lot. If I start to dwell to the point of being boring, Please, please, don't just go away. Let me know! OK? That's what good friends do.

The folks across the street are ripping the shingles off their roof - by themselves! The young mother (maybe 30?) is ramrodding the process with a crew of what I think is her husband, his brother, their father, her father, her sister, and her sister's husband, and a whole passel of kids. I worry about the roof holding them all. And now it has started to rain again. Mercy on them! I count my blessings that I am not on the roof, in the rain, stripping off three layers of asphalt shingles. There, but for the grace of God goes any of us. I think I'll run over and offer them all knitted hats. I have a few sitting around.

Oh, you asked if I really need to come up with a title. Yes, I need to entice the publishers to read the book in the first place. A good working title indicates to them that I have the ability to write a good book. After all, there are only forty thousand other romance writers out there. I need everything I can get to make myself noticable. If I thought a red wig and four-inch high heels would help, I would be at Shoes for Less right now!

Who wants to test-read? There are four explicit sex scenes, and lots of titilation.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Test read? Mememememeeeeee! Oops, sorry, I am trying out for reader, not opera singer, just as well. I would be pleased to be your reader.

    As for titles... Snowbound and Spring Snow are already taken. Let me think.

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Titillation! Yes please!!

    I'm trying to shed a a couple of pounds too (well, a couple of 25's). I did it before and they've just crept back on the last couple of years so I'm working the high protein/low carb program & exercising more.
    Power to you - speak on it as much as you need to!

     
  • At 5:40 PM , Blogger Norma said...

    If you're boring, we will TELL you. hahahahaha.

    I'd love to test read your book!

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I would love to test read!

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Okay--I was back on the wagon last week and this week too, so you and I can bore each other...

    I would love to test read too!!! I'm just afriad I wouldn't get it back to you in time...I'm having a hard time getting fiction read right now and it breaks my heart because it was my first love...but if you don't mind a slow test reader, here I am!!!

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    Yikes that family sounds like us a few years ago. We bought a foreclosure and hubby and I did most of the physical labor ourselves - you'd think I'd be skinny by now!

    Test read? Would love to! But I have no literary credentials to offer you, if that's required.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home