Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The artist and her cat

I delivered the bespoke (and paid for!) farceeing hat to the new owner, Pat the artist. Her house is just a treat, as you no doubt might imagine. She specializes in murals and faux finishes on walls, but she also paints like a master. She already has a children's book available on Amazon - "Bonkers the Pig." I think I'll have to get it. The illustrations are charming!!

Anyway, here is Jan in her new hat. I keep forgetting that I need to wear my glasses when I do photography so I can see just what Ihave photographed. Sorry about the blur.



Jan has a polydactyl cat named Bob. Bob is a sweetie pie. Look at those feet. Extra toes. He is a big, gentle, playful boy with wonderful, slightly crossed blue eyes and a soulful Siamese voice. Pat tells me that Bob is dumber than a box of rocks and, on one of the few times he was allowed out, tried three times to run through a chain-link fence, being thrown back, getting up, yelling his war cry, and charging straight into it again. I have days like that.




Of course, artists with white pets are bound to do a little decorating for the holidays. Bob is wearing a bit of green for St. Patrick's day. Food-coloring on a cloth, and just pet the kitty. He loves it.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We tried to dye my friend's cat's fur with koolaid. However, the Beast wouldn't stay still long enough for us to get a hold of it. I'm surprised hers let let himself be painted.

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I LOVE polydactyl kitties...they always have the best dispositions... (I used to have a cat that got high from my brother's athlete's foot shoes...I'm sure Bob and Benecia would have had a lot to say to each other...none of it intelligible in the least.) And the hat? Gods--they are so AWESOME!!! And for a children's book writer--it couldn't go to a better home!

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    For some reason, the photos are red xed out on my computer today.
    Boo...

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The hat looks great on her. Now she can see around corners to keep an eye or two on the kitty. (I once had a poly-paw kitty, too. It's fun at nail trimming time.)

     
  • At 1:48 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I have never heard of a polydactyl puss - shows how much I know about cats. We have always had dogs - except for one exceptional cat that the eldest Flea had - "Fluff" - her specialty was purring like a Harley while she drooled copiously. I never quite recovered from the day I baked for hours so I could stock the freezer for school lunches etc - I went to the bin and was absent from the kitchen for about 30 seconds and returned to find Fluff in the middle of hundreds of biscuits - drooling at one end and brushing the biscuits with a very fluffy tail at the other. The freezer remained empty!

    By the way, I like the jumper (last post). I didn't realise it was going to be plaid - and the bands look good together.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home