Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The day began with little rains

It was another take the GED to the jail day, and the air was so sweet and full of new life I almost couldn't bear it. You could almost HEAR the leaves popping out. And the soft rain was just enough to bring up all those wonderful earthy odors. I nearly hyperventilated.

It was the last of the five tests, and all four of the inmates passed. YAY! That's four more people that have a better chance at believing in themselves and making an honest living.


The clouds had cleared by the time I got home, and the backyard was begging to be noticed.
Light behind the magnolia tree.

random tulips
The back porch from under the magnolia tree.



The epitome of shyness. One of our local garden writers calls them invasive thugs, but I applaud their initiative. Go violets! Good on you! DH will be running the mower over them tomorrow. I should romp out and pick a dainty bouquet tonight.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Violets are invasive thugs? That's both funny and unfair... (pretty pictures...springtime in Oregon must be outathis world!!!

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    How pretty are the flowers! You guys are really blooming out up there.

     
  • At 3:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    SO beautiful. I remember spring. Still waiting, but soon...very soon.

     
  • At 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Keep posting flower pictures-I'm living my spring vicariously through your photos. :)

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I love violets! They are never thugs. Not like crabgrass.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home