Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 25, 2007

my 250th post

". . . and the song of the lawnmower is heard again in the land."
This picture is from Friday afternoon when DH got home from work and trimmed the front fourty. If he hand't gotten to it then, we would have had to rent a combine and bale it. The perfume of new-mown lawn should be bottled and sold. Ohhh, bliss! The back yard is less of a problem because it gets more shade, so the grass is being totally overwhelmed by moss, which makes it much easier to mow.
I spent yesterday with a brand new, 2007 Writer's Market, looking up agents and publishers for the western. Today, I work on the query letter. Honestly, writing the novel is the easy part! Now I have to make it irresistable in twenty five words or less. "What if a wild young cowboy on the run is snowbound for six weeks in a one-room cabin with an honorable married woman ?" Do you want to know more? There's sheep and a wounded cougar to deal with. When the snow starts to melt, they make it to town where they find her useless, abusive husband who abandoned her in the woods. How to write a synopsis that maintains the suspense? It has erotic sections. Should I summarize them clinically or with spice? Whining doesn't get it done. At least the steady rain today will not tempt me to go outside and play. Thanks for all the luck you have already wished me. And thanks SO MUCH for the compliments on my sweater!! Preen, preen!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Norma said...

    Congrats on the 250th, the lawn-mowing, and best of luck on selling the western!

     
  • At 12:10 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Hm...I wish you luck w/the synopse...I'm pretty sure that if I'd mastered the techinique, I'd be published by now, so you need to let me know if what you do works!!! (And you could always just say "good whoopie was had by all..." I mean, that's sort of both, clinical AND spicy, right?) That picture is really fun...it's got DH and the flowers...and that spring-hazy light that we all recognize as this time of year...very nice:-)

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    You are soooo lucky you got it mowed then! I made a quick trip into town on Friday late - the big prom dress shop - luckily we found it before poured - by that time we were at my sisters feasting on 15 pounds of New Orleans shrimp and Yellow fin Tuna my brother brought home from a great three week adventure (Amazing what things you can do when you don't have kids to worry about - you can identify!!)Didn't knit a stitch or visit a LYS. Your sweater looks great!!!The best blue!

     
  • At 3:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the big 250~ (I've never even checked where I am in that.)
    Good luck with the rest of the novel details. As you said, writing is the easy part, it's the rest that's very trying. (I have a few friends that are writers, so I've seen it before.)

     
  • At 8:42 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Congrats on everything! Twenty-five words?? That's hardly enough to get started with, but I know you can do it. Do you really have to come up with a title or does the publisher do that?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home