Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The joy of a blooming idiot

Daphne alert! If you see a grey-haired woman in a bathrobe standing in front of her house at five in the morning, inhaling and exhaling ecstatically, it is not a drug-induced or hysteric hyperventilation. It is simply the result of the fragrance of daphne odoros pooling next to her front door. Do not be alarmed.







Ghost Rider was fun. It was not epic or life-changing or thought-provoking. It had action and Nicolas Cage and special effects and Sam Elliot and motorcycles and a pretty young woman with extremely well displayed cleavege. The forces of good prevailed. The forces of evil were thwarted. What more can you ask from a movie based on a Marvel comic book?


I cast on this hat as we got in the car to drive to the theatre. I got this far before we stepped back through our front door at the end of the evening. Just put the fingers in k2,p2 mode and let them run. Blue squeeky mouse wanted to see what I was up to, so I displayed the work on the old sweater that serves as third-best cat bed on my desk. Right in front of the window for natural light. All other knitting I am in process with needs eyes and attention at least part of the time. Simple hats on auto-pilot are the gumdrops on the frosting of the cupcakes of a knitter's life.


Today - Sunday, it was time to take off the little stretchy bandage that has been covering the incision and holding Jack's pain patch in place . I put him on my lap and pulled off all the wraps and bandages and he immediately began to purr and bathe! Now, finally all washed and brushed and tidy again, he is sleeping the sleep of the satisfied. I think he's going to get along just fine. Thanks again to all our well-wishers!!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Hi Roxie
    Guess that Jack has a few more lives left in his credit account - I'm pleased he's so purrfectly contented again.
    Years ago I knew someone called Daphne and could never understand why a parent would name a child so - obviously it wasn't a name that appealed to me. Then one day at work there was the most beautiful fragrance in a colleague's room - coming from a small vase on her desk with a tiny spray of flowers in it - you've guessed it - daphne. I fell in love with it , then and there, and have never, ever felt like a flirtation with any other flower perfume - but I still don't like the name - sorry, all you Daphnes out there.

     
  • At 2:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Daphne is delicious! Glad to hear that your little cat is feeling better.

     
  • At 6:29 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Hurray for Jack! Looks like he has passed the worst and hopefully now recovery will be rapid. And I have to wonder now when you say that your knitting needs eyes. I ask, Whose? Yours or the wild boar's? Hehee.

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Oh I love Daphne. I don't have any in the garden, but everytime we go to piano lessons it is in bloom. Yum.

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ahh... early spring flowers--I loved them--and Mate and I LOVED your description of Ghost Rider...especially since Mate came home from watching it and said "Her cleavage was the center of every shot. I think it was to make up for her acting." (Mate is not always kind--but he is often accurate.) I'm glad kitty is doing better--3 legged stools, 3 cornered cats, both of them can hold their own.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home