Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

We must be having fun, because time sure is flying!

Thanks to Pat K, I now know that Lent begins February 21st. That means Fat Tuesday is the 20th, and Easter is April 8th. (I once won a mardigras costume contest. I cut the legs off two pairs of black tights, stuffed them, and sewed them along the sides of a black leotard. Then I strung fishline between them and sewed it to the leotard cuffs. With a red satin hourglass appliqued on the front, a little black hat with a pretty veil, black gloves, fishnet hose and my highest black high heels, I went as a black widow spider. I was fairly new to the church and had always dresssed decorously for mass. Guess I surprised everyone! Father Mahr missed the party but said to me the next day, "I hear your legs won prizes last night."

Speaking of the flight of time, the powers that be slipped another one by while we were looking the other way. Daylight saving's time starts in MARCH this year!! Drat it! Why do they have to dink around with the clock. Why can't they just drag their lazy butts out of bed one hour earlier in the summer without making laws about it? Now all us folks in the nothern tier will have kids going to school in the dark. Watch out for the little idiots. Heaven knows they won't watch out for you!

So I was pretty busy at work today. We offer pesticide testing on Wednesdays. With spring coming, the landscaping companies are needing to get more skilled and licensed applicators out and about. So Wednesdays in spring get very busy in the testing center. The answer sheets are the "Bubble forms" you have all encountered when filling out government applications. Pleaseprintyourlastnamefirstnamemiddleinitial in the boxes so we can read it, and fill out the bubbles so the computer can read it. Do the same with your address,socialsecuritynumber,phonenumber,zipcode and remember, if you don't sign it, they won't send your score.

Each test requires a seperate form. Some of these poor swots come in to take 3 tests in a day. After filling out the basic information on three forms, your hand is sore from filling in those little circles. And you still have 150 questions to answer! In spite of it all, these guys are uniformly pleasant, cheerful and polite. Some are even flirtatious! Some of them come from work and smell pretty sweaty, but usually it's fresh clean sweat, so it's not too offensive. Much better than the young jocks who bathe in the current "manly" scent and perfume the whole room for the rest of the day. One fellow came in so sweetly aromatic that I was able to track him to the next building when he left his ID with us.

No knitting content. I'm almost finished with a fun fur chemo cap. Photos tomorrow.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can SO easily see you cutting apart leotards and stitching things to gether for a costume. And ,having seen you hats and stuff, it's easy to see that you'd win also.

     
  • At 8:34 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    The spider costume sounds great...just the thing to wear to church.

    PS., I think the sweet-smelling bush from the last post is sweet woodruff (gallium oderatum, for the latin inclined). I had it all around my house in northern california, and I loved the smell.

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Silly, indeed! Your comment on my blog made me laugh (out loud is bad b/c I'm at school).

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You are so clever. I personally cannot wait for DST, as I will be able to knit while my chauffeur, er, husband, drives us from as well as to work.

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Sometimes I am very glad that Arizona doesn't switch to Daylight Savings. March is much too early (even if it's only a week earlier than usual).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home