Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 17, 2007

for love of a three-cornered cat







Thank you very humbly and gratefully to everyone who has been so kind, with cheery and encouraging wods and thoughts and prayers. Jack is hopping around already! He takes himself to the litter box, but is frustrated because he can't figure how to cover with only one front paw. He scrambles up to my desk chair and then onto the desk all by himself so he can lie in the cozy basket by the window and watch the birds. He is eating and drinking and healing nicely!! We took him in to the vet today to have his bandage removed and his incision checked. Wow, he has more staples than a stationery store, but the incision is clean and healthy and healing right up.


Yayyyy Jack!





After days of rain, and a morning of white cotton fog, all the air-borne condensation burned off, and we have a sparkling spring afternoon! The magnolia buds are fat and fuzzy, and the apple tree seems to be trembling, ever so slightly.



Saturday sky!


We had a "knitter's" gathering today. (Thank you Lynn!) and one of our number is cleaning house. She has decided she hates to knit socks. And she hates unraveling tangles. I don't mind socks that much, and tangles are a delight to me! So she gave me scads of sock yarn, some wild and wooly miscellaneous yarns, a sweater that will never get finished, and a tangle all my own to play with!




This is mostly greens and pinks, with eyelash and angora and chenilles all interwoven. I can't tell you how soothing I find it to unsnarl these things! Honestly. It's like a jigsaw puzzle. It's a metaphor for life. You find an end, and you just keep following it around, keeping the whole thing loose, and finally, by golly, it is several seperate balls of wonderful yarn!
Later this afternoon, we are going to see "Ghost Rider." I'll let you know what I think. What I know for sure is that I will have at least two hours to knit in the dark. Better get a simple hat on the needles.
And dear hearts, thank you again. Words and thoughts and prayers and good intentions mean the world!!


4 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I'm glad that Jack's healing so well. And aren't you a lucky girl to have such a wonderful (not) tangle to take your mind off things. I hope my attitude to tangles doesn't say things about my life! I give them to Grandpa Flea - if he declines they go into a big basket and the baby fleas have wonderful games with them. Then, when I have a need for enough yarn to do the last few rows, I untangle what I need - and no more! Eventually the basketful goes out, or to more talented friends who use little bits of yarn in collages etc,and I start anew!
    Happy untangling.

     
  • At 12:19 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    PS I like your sky - we have the first harbingers of autumn here - autumn "crocuses" - it's my favourite time of year, but if I lived in your climate, spring would win hands-down.

     
  • At 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So glad to hear that jack is making his way into new routines. It really is amazing.

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Honey, from now on, I will send all of my tangles to you...you are SOOOO much more zen than I am--
    and Jack's back...that's awesome.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home