Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 15, 2007

the cat and the hat



Here we see a mildly silly chemo cap made with fun fur and cotton. The blue palstic pony beads in the side tassles don't show very well, but the big green wooden beads are easier to spot.

Miz G. was consolidating while packing to move, and found this wonderful wicker head that wanted to come live with me for a while. Now I can show off finished hats without having to put them on, hold out the camera at arm's length, and hope that it is pointed in mostly the right direction.

Fly, the fat and handsome boy that he is, wanted to help with the picture. "Everything is better with me in it!" is his motto.

The SUandKI vest persists in growing. this is how I decide which yarns go in the next diamonds. Then I stand across the room and squint at it. Then I go back and try a different ball of yarn at the top, and stand back and squint. DH is very patient with me squinting and frowning at things.

Dear old BlackJack is in surgery as I type. His leg just was not healing without being pinned. And he really, really hated being stuck with that clumsy cast, so we are biting the bullet and hoping for the best. he's sixteen years old, and this is major surgery on tiny little cat bones. And he cried when I left him at the vet's this morning. Man, THAT broke my heart! I am hoping that we can bring him home tonight, but they may want to keep him overnight and monitor him.

The vet's technicians and receptionist are just as sweet as can be, and were kind enough to let me in a little early so I could make it to work on time. Their kindness has sweetened my whole day. And it's not as if I'm the only frantic working pet owner they have ever dealt with. This must happen all the time. Blessings on their generous spirits!

Of course, I now want to knit hats or scarves or socks for all of them. Knitter's response. Gardeners probably bring them flowers, cooks bring them cookies, and investment bankers . . . I dunno. The only investment banker I know suffers from adult-onset violin and plays the fiddle wonderfully, so he might come in and play a little tune of gratitude for them. Wait, I am also a writer. I can write them a thank you note! I'll do that!!

It's raining and raining today. Making up for the dry start to the month. I'm not complaining. This is how we stay so green.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    My best wishes to BlackJack for a speedy and full recovery!!

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I love quirky hats and yours quirk! What fun to lighten day of someone undergoing chemo.
    Cheers
    PS What is Fat Tuesday? Is it an ancient American tradition? Or is it the result of pancakes?

     
  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Poor kittie!! Hope he's doing okay tonight.

     
  • At 9:53 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    I love the hat, some teen is going to love it as well!! BlackJack is in our thoughts tonight for a speedy recovery.

     
  • At 3:55 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Lots and lots of fluffy warm wishes to BlackJack for a quick and successful op and recovery at home with his devoted handmaiden.

    The vest is looking magnificent!

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie--your charity knitting is so inspiring--seriuosly--you're always working on something and so very rarely is it for you! (Of course there are lots of friends thrown in there, but so much of it is good will for the world at large.)

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie--your charity knitting is so inspiring--seriuosly--you're always working on something and so very rarely is it for you! (Of course there are lots of friends thrown in there, but so much of it is good will for the world at large.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home